Watch for the steals by Merrimack

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I know things are bad

Post by J.J. » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:54 pm

RonnyRob15 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 pm
I turned on LIU at 63-60 and it fell apart from there.

Anyone who can watch these games close enough to analyze them. Kudos. It’s impossible to watch for more than a few minutes at a time.
Couldn't agree more. This season has been unwatchable. I have probably tuned in for a total of 30 minutes this season.

Every time I try to get into it, I'm frustrated and bored out if my mind.

Whatever improvement this team makes this season it won't be enough. The best case scenario is NEXT YEAR the team can go 8-10 in NEC play.

Regardless the writing is in the wall - if DM doesn't step down after this season, there is nothing he can do to get a new contract. We probably can't afford to buy him out of his final year, but he has burned this program to the ground. He could win the NEC Tournament next year and he still won't be on the bench for 2021-22.

The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:11 pm

I can't watch this abortion anymore. What an effing embarrassment.

GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm

My day was born in Chicago in 1930 proud Cubs fan his whole life Died in 2012 and never got to the the Cubs win the world Series . Don't know if I can hold on that long but still love the game and Central Basketball.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:10 pm

GameDay wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm
My day was born in Chicago in 1930 proud Cubs fan his whole life Died in 2012 and never got to the the Cubs win the world Series . Don't know if I can hold on that long but still love the game and Central Basketball.
I’m a proud graduate 1978 and 1985. I love CCSC/CCSU as it helped me attain a successful career I thought impossible when I was in high school.

I’m 64 now, retired, traveling the world and living most of the year on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico in western Florida.

I chose to give back to CCSU by recently establishing a scholarship program with the CCSU Foundation for underprivileged students to embark on a career of Urban and Regional Planning which was my field of study.

CCSU is my university and it will ALWAYS be special to me. I refuse to have a loosing basketball team define my school. But unfortunately, that’s what most people base their perception on when it comes to institutions of higher education.

I will always love college basketball as well and I will never lose faith in CCSU as an institution. I’m just hoping, as we all are, that in the near future, we won’t be embarrassed by our men’s and women’s basketball teams during the local sports reports.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Well said sky.

DM has taken this team to the bottom. Howie started at the bottom, took us as high as we’ll probably ever go and back again but DM found a way to dig a hole under the bottom. I know he’s trying, I know he feels bad but it’s simply bad basketball. Fundamentals completely lacking. We’ve said it before, it’s a street ball game and not a very good one. That’s two games this week that we’re winnable and yet we stand at 0 wins. The girls are even worse. Watch a damn UConn women’s game and steal some plays for god sakes. They have a very talented center , feed her till they can stop her then kick it out. The big girl on the other team had one foul at the end of the game. How is that possible? How are they not driving the basketball at her to get her in foul trouble to better utilize the big you have? I don’t get it. It’s not rocket science, it’s 8th grade fundamentals that we aren’t doing!

Unwatchable is an understatement. If they play like they did this week, it will be impossible to get a win and if he doesn’t he must stand down. I’m sorry but but this is ridiculous. How are they going to get donations to fill that new seating area? Enough already he has 35 wins in 4 years. Experiment over.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:12 am

I was sitting with some people and we were having a conversation which had the tone of most of this thread.
A lot of frustration was expressed, myself included.
And as the final seconds wound down a nice lady whom I did not know, was apparently listening in on our conversation, came over to me and said "don't worry things will get better."
I thought she must be a kind person who wanted to console those in pain.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:12 am
. And as the final seconds wound down a nice lady whom I did not know, was apparently listening in on our conversation, came over to me and said "don't worry things will get better."
I thought she must be a kind person who wanted to console those in pain.
Perhaps Hill. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt but I’m guessing she knows nothing that gives her reason to say that.

I posted this before but a couple years ago, I had a discussion with a former CCSU employee about this and she said “baby steps”.

I nearly lost it saying we’ve been D-1 for 32 years. We shouldn’t be taking baby steps”.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:29 pm

Aaaaaand the girls lose another.... by two 🤦🏻‍♂️

The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 pm

Anyone check the NEC men's basketball standings lately ? Merrimac, in its first year of D-1 hoops finds themselves all alone in first place atop the mighty NEC after taking down RMU & SFPA this past week ( both on the road no less ). It makes CCSU's 0-7 start seem even worse. Central can't manage to win a game in a conference that is now being dominated by last year's D-2 newcomer from the Northeast 10 Conference.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:55 am

So how long have we been at the bottom of the barrel on the net? the big 353..Ugh, thank God there are only 11 games left...need this season behind us...

GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:10 pm

11 more games before we start the next rebuilding year.

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

I’d say that the people who run the university need to donthe obvious thing... but the concept of responsibility doesn’t exist.

What an absolute joke.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:24 pm

There’s no way he stays at this point. I’d almost be willing to bet he initiates it at this point. Never has there been a worse ccsu team. It’s truly unwatchable. That was a depleted shu squad. . 10 more games...

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Was thinking on the way home, they should make the remainder of the season free of charge for both programs.