The man behind the viral Aaron Boone ‘Savages’ rant video

All things baseball.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

The man behind the viral Aaron Boone ‘Savages’ rant video

Post by J.J. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:59 am

In the first game of the Yankees’ doubleheader Thursday against the Rays, manager Aaron Boone went viral on social media after he unleashed fury on rookie home plate umpire Brennan Miller, prompting an ejection and subsequent suspension.

But the viral video didn’t come from a major television network or any official media outlet.

Insert Jimmy O’Brien, commonly known as “Jomboy,” who was the one-man show behind the enhanced audio that allowed everyone at home to have a front-row seat for Boone’s explicit tirade, caught by the YES Network’s cameras and microphones.

So, who is this Yankees Twitter sensation who has been filling every feed with such entertaining content?

O’Brien was born a Yankees fan despite moving frequently as a child because of his father’s job. He graduated from Central Connecticut State with a degree in history before landing a job as a videographer and video editor. He then attended film school in San Francisco before quitting his job as a wedding videographer in March 2018 to pursue establishing his own company, Jomboy Media.
https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/the-man-b ... SocialFlow

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: The man behind the viral Aaron Boone ‘Savages’ rant video

Post by hilltopper » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Good to see an alum make good, though I can unequivocally say I do not like his choice of being a Yankee fan [-X :lol:

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:18 pm
Good to see an alum make good, though I can unequivocally say I do not like his choice of being a Yankee fan [-X :lol:
Come on, they ARE indeed Effing Savages in the box! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ccsuphanner
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by ccsuphanner » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:07 am

Yes, both Jimmy and Jake went to Central. I was good friends with them, we lived in the same neighborhood and went to each others parties. Jimmy wrote a book about his time at CCSU, I am in that book.