What’s going on with the girls?

Lets talk about the rebirth of the WBB program.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

What’s going on with the girls?

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Seems like every time I get a text they are getting killed! What’s going on????

ccsutaf
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Re: What’s going on with the girls?

Post by ccsutaf » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:18 am

First congratulations to Kiana Patterson as she is now 3rd on the women's all time points scored list. Second the team has few scoring options other than Patterson. They are outsized many games and injuries have limited options especially with the front court. A lack of consistency has hurt the team.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 pm

I think it is simple, they have one legitimate PF on the team...Berube. Otherwise the whole team is guards with a pretty good SF...Lydon, who is forced to play out of position

ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Is Coach Piper safe for another season? I was excited for you guys when you got her, but the program just hasn't gotten off the ground. The time us painfully undersized. Size WITH talent is needed. Can't win many games with a D3 lineup @ D1 level.
She's gotta be on an extremely hot seat.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 am

ktuck911 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm
Is Coach Piper safe for another season? I was excited for you guys when you got her, but the program just hasn't gotten off the ground. The time us painfully undersized. Size WITH talent is needed. Can't win many games with a D3 lineup @ D1 level.
I think the AD has bigger fish to fry w/ that very same question for DM. Or at least what has to happen to get them winning again. Girls have never won an NEC ever, right?

ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 am
ktuck911 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm
I think the AD has bigger fish to fry w/ that very same question for DM. Or at least what has to happen to get them winning again. Girls have never won an NEC ever, right?
Agreed, but, at one point, Piper had them turning the corner. If anything, at all, they've regressed into only accepting mediocrity.. Playing hard, competing and the whole 9, but never winning (enough)... Her teams have always been undersized lately, always... If they do get a big, if she's taller than 6', 6'1 ish, she's not serviceable enough...Guard play has always been a strong point..

Bottom line, she needs to recruit more size, with skill, in the frontcourt (The 3, 4, and 5).... If she can't do that, then if you guys are fine with what's going on then so be it.

BTW, I agree with you 100% on DM... His teams, seem to compete, but not win enough...

CCSU basketball needs a light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later as a whole... Just be able to compete for a conference title at the very least.