Chromecast / Apple TV / Beaming - Setups

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chromecast / Apple TV / Beaming - Setups

Post by Larryl9797 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 am

Post your setup of Chromecast / Apply TV / ROKU / Amazon Fire TV / Beaming Setup of CCSU Games on Front Row.
Let us know what worked and what didnt.
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Chromecast / Apple TV / Beaming - Setups

Post by hilltopper » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am

i am generally a very low tech person so I am sure that others will have a better way, but I have watched NEC Front Row on my TV by connecting my computer to the TV via an HDMI chord. Basically it is just using the TV as the computers monitor.
I wish there was an app for NEC Front Row so that I could just watch it via a Smart TV, but afaik there is nothing.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

ESPN3:
Download the 'Watch ESPN' app. I stream it directly from my Android phone (Samsung S7) to my television using Chromecast. It works great and the stream is usually pretty good.

NEC Front Row:
They don't have an app and they really need one! I dial the game up on my computer using Chrome web browser, stream to my TV using Chromecast, and maximize the screen. It works ok, but I find I have issue s sometimes, mostly due to my computer sleeping or just freezing one in a while. I've tried to cast from my Android phone (Chrome web browser) to my TV with mixed results.

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Tried casting frontrow from my phone. Couldnt get a chromecast going on live stream. Samsung S5
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:49 pm

I have a Denon running my set up with a Samsung 50 inch. Started with Chrome but I hate all things google and quickly switched to an Apple TV. Games on espn3 are awesome however games on front row are quite the opposite. Quite a few conferences have Apple TV apps, the NEC basically has a fake one that doesn't work. While it works on a phone it has no ability to utilize airplay so it's basically useless. At the moment there are only two options ( cast your computer or pray it's on espn3)until the NEC updates their "app"

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am

Agree - THey mix a Adobe Flash and Youtube player ( that is an old version ) during live events so you can t Chromecast or send a fullscreen video to your TV from a phone or PC. ESPN Tres- Great way to watch a game.... Anything else is tough to cast or transmit or play on a large TV. If the NEC wants to keep fans watching online.. Its time to update the app and give both flavors to the public ( Apple and Android )

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 am

Here's an idea, didn't want to open an entire thread. Can't CCSU (on a budget) use the app to broadcast away games on the internet? That can't be hard to set up. Have Tom (or anyone for that matter) stream it live. Don't have to have the big budget commercial radio, just old school am, via the internet and our own app.