Deleware at. To next?

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Deleware at. To next?

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 am

I’m not sure if it’s the NEC taking action, or if it’s Howard that’s being proactive and they did mention that the current footprint for the subject sports is too large. The MEAC does not sponsor these sports and it looks like Howard had them divided among other conferences.

This may be a way of Howard to find a centralized home for these sports while maintaining their membership in the MEAC for the remaining sports...for now.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm

This may be a way of Howard to find a centralized home for these sports while maintaining their membership in the MEAC for the remaining sports...for now.
Yes, that seems to be the indication. If they were planning to bolt then why would Howard find a conference to supplement the MEAC? They are staying in the MEAC for now...maybe they could not find a conference for which to go?

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:16 pm

I'd agree hill. Appears to be low risk, low reward move for the commish. It most definitely will not improve brand awareness so not seeing why this was such a priority? Seems like getting Delaware State for all sports would be the thing to concentrate on first? Hate to be a negative Nancy but at the end of the day, neither school will provide much benefit in increasing the conference ranking in football or basketball which is usually my main concern. Better to add members than subtract but this Howard move seems much better for those specific sports then it does for the conference as a whole. Happy those sports can align.

The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:46 am

I stumbled across a podcast the other day in which the participants from Delaware State were discussing conference realignment as it pertains to the MEAC. They both stated that Delaware State would definitely be staying in the MEAC for 2020/2021. They also implied that any future movement within the conference hinged on whether South Carolina State stays or bolts for a new conference. If they stay DSU might be looking elsewhere and if SCS leaves DSU will likely stay put. Again this was the opinion of two individuals who had some affiliation with Delaware State.

Deltaguy1
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Deltaguy1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 am

Literally, many fans and I watch the men's and women's soccer matches. Yes, traditionally, football and basketball (men's) claim the most fans in attendance. But, I would say that most soccer matches attract the same number of butts on the bleachers as do the women's games (in recent years).

They're (m and w soccer) exciting matches. Watch them when things get back to normal.