Corona and I'm not talking about the refreshing summer beverage

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Corona and I'm not talking about the refreshing summer beverage

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Good Lord, they just suspended ALL athletics till AT LEAST April 6th! That's 12 baseball games. SMH #-o

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Corona and I'm not talking about the refreshing summer beverage

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04 pm

The world has gone mad.

newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by newbritainite » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:52 pm

And basketball tournaments in CT - high school!!!
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:11 pm

newbritainite wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:52 pm
And basketball tournaments in CT - high school!!!
Every sport. It’s nuts. Reacting out of fear. Maybe it’s justified but nobody knows...as sky said...mad...

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:08 pm

On a glass half full side, how pi$$ed would we have been if we made the NCAA’s this year and couldn’t go to the game l..

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Breaking news NBA season is being suspended.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:58 am

From today’s NH Register:
“Yale announced Wednesday night that it is withdrawing from the ECAC hockey playoffs. The Bulldogs were scheduled to play a best-of-three series at Quinnipiac this weekend. Harvard also pulled out of its ECAC series with RPI earlier in the day. Quinnipiac will instead play Princeton in the conference playoff series. The Yale’s men’s basketball team qualified for the NCAA tournament by winning the regular-season title. On Tuesday, the Ivy League canceled its men’s and women’s basketball tournaments scheduled for this weekend at Harvard.”

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 am

From the CCSU website:

Dear Central Family,

This is a time for calm, compassion and patience. We just received word that a CCSU student has had potential exposure to an individual who is currently being tested for the COVID-19 coronavirus.

As a precautionary measure, we are closing the campus immediately. Faculty, staff, and students are asked to leave campus until further notice (though those deemed as Level 1, formerly known as essential employees, are asked to report to East Hall immediately). Please take with you any materials you may need to continue teaching and learning online.

I realize you will have many questions and concerns, and we will address them as soon as possible. Feel free to send us an email at covidupdate@ccsu.edu.

I will be back in touch soon.

Sincerely,

Zulma R. Toro
President

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Oh boy.......
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:45 pm

and now baseball is done, mlb...ugh....

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:47 pm

aaaaaand now the NHL...

Deltaguy1
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Deltaguy1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Just a thought, and perhaps a bad one, but, if we believe that some (part) of the cancellations are due to the fear of litigation, then fooie (sp?) on us. I wonder if we are so afraid of people whose noses are bent over something, suing all of our universities. People will sue over anything, and we allow it (what else can we do?). That is, in some way, as insidious as a virus. My apologies to anyone suffering or knows anyone who's suffering.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:35 pm

aaaaaand now March Madness. Unreal. Postpone and watch at least! My God. Lets all hide.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:29 pm

UPDATE: 6 p.m.

Dear Central Family,

I am very pleased to share the news that the coronavirus test was negative for the individual who was thought to have exposed one of our students to the virus. However, we are not in the clear. We are now assessing another situation involving a student presenting with symptoms and whose family member recently returned from travel to a country deemed to be Level 3 (high risk) by the Centers for Disease Control.

We will continue to monitor this latest situation closely and will share additional information when it becomes available. I also want to remind everyone to monitor your health and, if you should develop any of these symptoms: fever, cough or shortness of breath, please contact your primary care physician. You can learn more about the symptoms and procedures at the Centers for Disease Control website.

Additional updates
All faculty, staff, and students have been instructed to leave campus as soon as possible and remain off campus until further notice (though Level 1 employees will report to work as scheduled).
All residence halls are closing this afternoon and will remain closed until further notice.
Students who had planned to stay on campus during the Spring Break will be temporarily housed in a nearby hotel.
No classes will be held Friday or Saturday, March 13 and 14.
All internships, student teaching, clinical and field placements, and other practicum experiences are canceled until further notice.
For faculty and staff in need of technology to work from home, we are setting up an IT drive-thru to assist you. Tomorrow, March 13, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., the pop-up shop will be located at the mobile trailer situated in the lower lot of East Hall. You can access the lot entrance from Manafort Drive. IT staff will have on-hand a supply of webcams, mouses, keyboards, cables, and a limited number of Chromebooks.
Next week, (during Spring Break) IT will offer online WebEx and Teams training sessions for faculty and staff. Attached to this email are instructions for those session. PDF manuals are available at this link.
The IT Help Desk will continue its normal operation. You can either call 860 832-1720 or email for assistance.
All campus events are canceled until further notice.
All athletics events/practices are canceled until further notice.
All classes will be moved to an online-only format beginning March 23 until at least Sunday, April 5.
For those of you who receive paper paychecks and weren’t able to pick them up by noon on Thursday, they have been put into the U.S. mail.
We will continue to keep you informed as we learn new information and stay connected by checking our webpage frequently. If you have a question or concern, feel free to send an email to covidupdate@ccsu.edu.

Please stay healthy!

Sincerely,

Zulma R. Toro