Blue Devil Athletic Club

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blue Devil Athletic Club

Post by J.J. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:38 am

Great news here. The New Britain Herald reports that CCSU has launched a club to support athletics! =D>

For a nominal fee ($25), alumni and fans are connected for exclusive events and access. Very similar to what many athletic programs have been doing. Enlarging the size of the Central family and allowing the AD to get feedback and support from the fan base. Good stuff!
NEW BRITAIN - Central Connecticut State University has launched the Blue Devil Athletic Club, which is big news for fans of CCSU sports.

CCSU Director of Athletics Brian Barrio just finished his first year on the job, and said he observed during that time that the Athletic Department needs to focus on alumni to build support that will carry through the decades.

That inspired Barrio and the rest of the athletics staff to create the Blue Devil Athletic Club.

“It’s part of a strategic plan to move Central athletics forward,” Barrio said.

The Blue Devil Athletic Club formalizes a benefit structure for donors and creates new ways to bring donors and friends closer to the program.

A few of those benefits include invitations to exclusive events, priority access to the best postseason tickets and the opportunity to have a game plan discussion with coaches before games, Barrio said.

In addition to these and other benefits to enrich the fan experience, being part of the Blue Devil Athletic Club offers members the ability to pair up with a scholarship athlete. This provides an opportunity to get to know the players, and adds a personal touch to a donation, Barrio said.
http://www.newbritainherald.com/NBH-New ... csu-sports

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Blue Devil Athletic Club

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:33 pm

$25 says its for "less financially stable friends and alumni" Wonder what the going rate is. No link in the article so guess we'll find out. The perks seem to be what we already get ;-), but I'll join just the same... I did find something called sponsor a number but its just a PowerPoint and no info on how to actually do it...

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:58 pm

It's out there: ccsu.networkforgood.com

I have questions now. Of course lol

1. Is it an actual club? i.e. membership or just a new mechanism to donate.
2. Line 1 says "Join the Blue Devil Athletic Club and then has various lines of dollar figures ranging from $25-$1000 however under the Donation tab
3. Scrolling down allows you to donate to specific sports but same question remains, is there a separate donation to join the club? Or does it matter, is it all donations?

Observations, they have an awesome graphic with what it costs to outfit a player, problem is, Tyler Kohl is in that spotlight. IMHO, he should be erased from our memory like in Men in Black. Maybe its just me but I feel he basically single handedly blew up our hoops program. Maybe it was a learning experience for dm and it will all work out but I still feel they should have a current member in that graphic that is more of a team player/true blue devil.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:31 pm

AC951C31-4DE5-48D5-8BBB-19FC4F20E07E.jpeg
Well here it is,