Problems found in new ceiling at Gampel Pavilion

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problems found in new ceiling at Gampel Pavilion

Post by J.J. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 pm

I don't know if this is poor planning from UConn or if it bigger issues with the State contracting and Administrative Services, but looks like they need another $2 million for roof repairs :(

Looks like UConn will sneak in some WiFi updates as part of the project :roll:
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — UConn is having problems with the recently replaced ceiling of its basketball arena.

The school spent $10 million last year replacing the decaying triangular insulated panels that make up the ceiling at the 10,000-seat Gampel Pavilion.

But officials told the Board of Trustees on Wednesday that it needs another $1.8 million for more work, including the installation of permanent dehumidifiers to deal with condensation that was discovered building up between the ceiling and the building's aluminum roof.

Officials say they don't know what is causing the problem, but are confident the dehumidification system will fix it.

The project also will involve improving the wireless network inside the arena.

Gampel opened in 1990 at a cost of $28 million.
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/s ... 050873.php

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Problems found in new ceiling at Gampel Pavilion

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 pm

This is just a blip JJ. Our lovely little state will pay anything to make sure UConn gets what it wants.

Mark my words, the EE will get a new on campus arena long before CCSU.

Jeez...I’ll be 64 and I’m starting to realize that I’ll never see a new on campus arena in New Britain.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Problems found in new ceiling at Gampel Pavilion

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Hey, they are even buying a 700k home for their new president on top of all of the exit and entry (?) fees for their conference move?