Corona and I'm not talking about the refreshing summer beverage

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Corona and I'm not talking about the refreshing summer beverage

Post by Shoreline »

And for those of us looking forward to cheering on Lewis Hamilton to his 7th World Driving Championship, this:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... MGoO7.html
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

So yeah, no sports b!0w$...BUT, at least we have old school games on tv. Watching the 85 championship game, Gtown bs Nova. Classic but man what a different game. The no scoreboard on the screen is killing me lol, and they don’t show it nearly enough. No replays, flagrant fouls for that punch at the end of the first half. No shot clock(super annoying). But despite all that Ewing and Pinkney, Thompson and Massamino, what a game.

Are there any CCSU classics in their entirety on YouTube? If not can someone post any???
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Old Big East games were always a slugfest.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Looks like our gym is a hospital now...
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline »

From Today’s NH Register:
"National Guard setting up COVID-19 recovery center at CCSU

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The Connecticut National Guard began setting up nearly 200 beds for recovering COVID-19 patients Tuesday at Central Connecticut State University as coronavirus-related hospitalizations in Hartford County increase. The care center at Kaiser Hall is part of efforts around the state to increase bed capacity for recovering patients. It will be used to free up beds at hospitals for patients with advanced cases of COVID-19, said Dr. Mark Prete, president of the Hartford HealthCare Medical Group.

“The population is those needing post-acute care who just can’t go home yet or those on observation status,” he said, adding that patients whose conditions worsen will be transferred to a hospital.

Hartford HealthCare medical staff will oversee the patients and National Guard soldiers will provide nonmedical support, officials said. The Guard has set up a similar recovery center with about 600 beds at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. Hartford County coronavirus hospitalizations continue to increase, while those in Fairfield and New Haven counties have decreased slightly in recent days. More than 3,800 people in Hartford County had tested positive for the virus, 369 had died and 455 were hospitalized as of Monday. As of Sunday, about 3,350 people had tested positive, 295 had died and 420 were hospitalized.

More than 19,000 people in the state have tested positive, and 1,331 have died. For most people, the virus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough, that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness or death."
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

So ugh, not that I thought it would happen but wasn't the spring game supposed to be Saturday? Supposed to be a nice day to boot. Can't take this crap much longer. Praying, literally, that they don't jump the gun and cancel football as the Uconn Pres alluded to.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

So just saw on Fox 61 that the plan is to let undergrads in for September. Does anyone foresee or know for a fact if Football will be affected? Assuming practice may but messing w/ the schedule?
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline »

Absent the implementation of a workable vaccine, it is difficult to imagine any college athletics anywhere for most of if not all of the 2020-2021 academic year.

And in the unlikely event that contests are held, how many fans would feel secure in attending; crammed in among say 5,000 at Arute Field or 4000 at Ingalls Rink?
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Assuming they will have protocols in place to allow less fans sitting near each other. I’ll go. Besides, hopefully it calms down in the next four months, enough of this garbage already.