Beyond LIU and Merrimack

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
bigbluefan1965
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Beyond LIU and Merrimack

Post by bigbluefan1965 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:37 pm

The LIU and Merrimack moves seem to be insurance policies to protect the NEC if the published rumors of Robert Morris, Eagner, orBryant possibly leaving ever become reality. I haven’t read much about Wagner or Bryant leaving lately, but RMU’s recent facility projects and schedule trends seem to point to the OVC or maybe the CAA.

I’m not trying to open up the realignment controversy or discussion, but since CCSU appears to be in the NEC for the foreseeable future I was just curious if there is any other NEC expansion including football programs on the horizon. Will we be seeing other NEC-10 schools making the jump to D-1 and joining the NEC in the future.

I’m still not convinced the NEC, especially NEC football, is all that stable with the potential of RMU, Eagner, and Bryant moving to other conference and dropping NEC football below the minimum number of six teams for an FCS Autobid.
"Complaining becomes a habit. Focusing on the negative also becomes a habit. It’s one of the most detrimental habits you can possibly have." -- T Harv Eker

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Beyond LIU and Merrimack

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 pm

All I know is that Bryant's new basketball facility will make us look like SFNY. The outside at least is beautiful. Their football stadium needs work if they want to move up. Maybe they are only trying for basketball? Not sure really, never pay too much attention about this topic as I finally have realized we are doomed to rot in the NEC.

bigbluefan1965
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Beyond LIU and Merrimack

Post by bigbluefan1965 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:34 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 pm
All I know is that Bryant's new basketball facility will make us look like SFNY. The outside at least is beautiful. Their football stadium needs work if they want to move up. Maybe they are only trying for basketball? Not sure really, never pay too much attention about this topic as I finally have realized we are doomed to rot in the NEC.
I stopped following the topic also, until Isaw the LIU and Merrimack news. I gave up also when I realized CCSU is doomed to the small private school NEC.
"Complaining becomes a habit. Focusing on the negative also becomes a habit. It’s one of the most detrimental habits you can possibly have." -- T Harv Eker