Interim AD

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Interim AD

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Tom P. has been appointed. I think it’s a good move.

newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Interim AD

Post by newbritainite » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:18 pm

He is the best fit for the position. Who else was on the short list?
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:24 am

Skyhawkct wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Great selection. Tom will do an excellent job, I just hope he gets the resources and support that this position requires.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:47 am

Here is the release from our website:
http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/general/2 ... 1218opkwd3

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:54 am

Agreed, Tom was a good choice. He gets it. Everyone likes him, he works hard. Have to assume Steve was on the short list as he was one of the finalists the last time. Look, any way we slice it, DM stays another year. Budget demands that and it sucks...

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:19 am

J.J. wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:24 am
Skyhawkct wrote:
Great selection. Tom will do an excellent job, I just hope he gets the resources and support that this position requires.
resources and support ------> Man lets hope so..... Hope he works for positive change and not just a position holder until the next guy.
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:19 am
J.J. wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:24 am
Skyhawkct wrote:
resources and support ------> Man lets hope so..... Hope he works for positive change and not just a position holder until the next guy.
I think he will. Read the NB Herald article, sounds like this was his goal. I'm sure he'll work to get the interim taken off just like Mac did in football. Seems like Toro likes him and may or may not be an Athletics type of president, so perhaps she lets Tom have a go. He basically ran everything it seems so he no doubt gets it. Doesn't seem like the type that likes to lose so MBB and WBB must be ticking him off. Let's see what happens. Glad they didn't just ignore the open slot like they did when Schlikman left.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 am

Nice article in the Hartford Courant:

https://www.courant.com/sports/college/ ... story.html

This captures Tom well - he has been a do-it-all dynamo for CCSU.
He’s forward-thinking, reliable, versatile, has even used his free time to become the state’s authority on social media issues, speaking at countless colleges and high schools about responsible online behavior. Until starting his new role Thursday, Pincince handled Central athletics’ media relations, ticketing, licensing, branding, marketing, fundraising and more. He organized banquets and halls of fame. He was the program administrator for men’s basketball and baseball.

He has been CCSU’s main link to the outside world, always steering its messages and missions, and the guy on campus who makes things move. So for him to be at the top of everything that he’s always been in on just feels right.
However, it seems we'll follow the same playbook as before to try to save some $$$. Looks like he will hold the interim AD job for the rest of the school year and Toro won't make a final selection until the Summer.
Galligan was the interim AD before Barrio was hired. He and Toro will discuss the search for a permanent AD shortly after the New Year, and the position is expected to be filled soon after the spring semester.

Central will, and should, do its due diligence. There will be thorough search that should focus on what prominent current and former members of the department think is right. Pincince isn’t the only qualified person. But he is qualified. And he is invested. And he is ready. He has worked with just about everyone at Central, is respected by coaches and peers and subordinates, and has done everything on campus short of suiting up as the mascot.
And finally, Mike Anthony sums it up perfectly.
To Toro and Galligan: forget the search firm route or trying to get super creative with this hire. Whoever the AD is in the summer of 2020 needs to be a Blue Devil, someone who wants to be a Blue Devil and wants to retire a Blue Devil.

There is one in place now. Pincince has climbed a career ladder that began at Fairfield as an intern under another do-everything guy, the great Jack Jones. Now he’s beginning the six-month on-the-job interview of his life.

He won’t screw this up.

Central shouldn’t, either.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:55 pm

I like that the administration took action immediately. What better credentials can you have than someone who already knows Central inside and out? Sometimes you go outside the organization and sometimes you promote from within.
Tom has earned this opportunity.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Great article from the HC. Hope he gets the tag removed.

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Great article in the courant... Anthony basically said dont screw this up and NOT hire Tom P full time!
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:25 pm
Great article in the courant... Anthony basically said dont screw this up and NOT hire Tom P full time!
In other words...don’t pull a Central! 😝

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Years ago, soon after CCSU went D-1, we had a great Central guy in line for coach after Bill D. retired. The powers that be passed over CJ in favor of Mike Brown, an assistant at Seton Hall.

Even though at the time, I thought an assistant from a big time program may be what we needed, it turned out to be a disaster and I hope everyone learned that at our level, we need a CCSU person who has the best intentions for our university on board at these critical positions.

If they don’t keep Tom on permanently, then they get what they deserve.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:57 pm

"We need a CCSU person who has the best intentions for our university on board at these critical positions." Skyhawkct.

As Howard Cosell once said to a fan who referred to him as a great sportscaster, "young man I cannot disagree with you."

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:36 am

So what do you guys think is the success threshold put in place by Toro? Or is there one? What does Tom need to accomplish to remove the “interim”