UCONN and CSU Contracts

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

UCONN and CSU Contracts

Post by J.J. » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

CROMWELL — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Thursday that the UConn contract under consideration by legislators this week "does not fully represent the new economic reality" and if it goes forward will make balancing the budget "a lot harder."

The contract between UConn and the school's largest union calls for pay raises and a longer workweek.

"I'm not sure what the status is with respect to what the legislature intends to do," Malloy said. "I will tell you that that contract does not fully represent the new economic reality, and I have some concerns about it, but the legislature is in charge on this one. I don't have a role to play."
http://www.courant.com/education/hc-mal ... story.html

What a crock of $hit. Malloy suggest he has "no role" in the UConn contract, yet he hired his own 'hit man' to run and possibly destroy the CSU system and their labor contracts.

I'm disappointed beyond words, but this Governor has set the State back decades. The budget defect is out of control and wealthy families and big business are moving out at a record pace. The inner cities of Bridgeport, Hartford, Waterbury are worse-off despite the billions invested.

We can't continue to let certain parts of State Government grow exponentially with limited oversight or performance management. Every State office under his Administration has taken a step back and the State is voting on his leadership with their feet.