New Northeast Dining Facility

aerosyne
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Re: New Northeast Dining Facility

Post by aerosyne » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Skyhawkct wrote:So Delta...bottom line, a good deal of the parking lot will be used? hard to tell from the rendition but I'm assuming they will keep as much of the parking lot as possible.

Our university is so land locked, I guess they have no choice but to cramp buildings in. It's going to be pretty crowded up there with the new dorm, dining hall and rec center.

One thing I'm noticing as I bike by the campus...The campus message signs have messages that are virtually competing with Capus View apartments. It's as if CCSU is advertising for students to sign up for dorm rooms. Is there a surplus of dorm rooms? If so...is the new dorm necessary?
Absolutely. There needs to be more students on campus at all times so the university can attract more students by having a more active campus. Doing so also drives interest in making the campus look nicer since more people will be on it and looking at it, and hopefully a more busy campus will force the university to establish some real rules for cars on campus to help with 'problem' of there being nowhere to park. And, of course, more direct capital at the end of the day for the university to work with.

Deltaguy
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by Deltaguy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Not that much of the lot would be taken. From the little I could discern from the plans that have been found on various web sites, I would say a small portion, close to where that large tree stood in the southwest corner of the lot.

newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by newbritainite » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Skyhawkct wrote:So Delta...bottom line, a good deal of the parking lot will be used? hard to tell from the rendition but I'm assuming they will keep as much of the parking lot as possible.

Our university is so land locked, I guess they have no choice but to cramp buildings in. It's going to be pretty crowded up there with the new dorm, dining hall and rec center.

One thing I'm noticing as I bike by the campus...The campus message signs have messages that are virtually competing with Capus View apartments. It's as if CCSU is advertising for students to sign up for dorm rooms. Is there a surplus of dorm rooms? If so...is the new dorm necessary?
In my perspective, they want to increase the demand for on campus housing so that the waiting list is greater.
I believe that there is data on the CCSU webpage or another site that reports the % of occupancy.
2017 NORTHEAST CONFERENCE
FOOTBALL CHAMPS - Undefeated In The NEC

Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The lone CT team in the NCAA Tournament in 2007
#CCSUCLASSOF2004

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Aerodyne...I misstated my concerns and it seems like I was questioning the new dorm. I agree, it is indeed necessary for the reasons you stated. I was just wondering why there seems to be competition with Campusview for students.

fanblue101
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by fanblue101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

when is the construction of the new dining hall and Rec center suppose to start? I thought the dining hall was suppose to be ready by fall 2015. I don't think it can be done by then. if they haven't even started yet

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I don't even think THEY know. Seriously.

Deltaguy
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by Deltaguy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Best thing (well, actually, I'm not sure of that) to do is to call Richard Bachoo or someone at "Facilities", such as Sal C. If you do, let us know what either one says.

Richard Bachoo
Chief Administrative Offi
Administrative Affairs
Lawrence J. Davidson 216
BachooR@mail.ccsu.edu
860-832-1776

Salvatore Cintorino,
East Hall 2010610
Assistant Chief Administrative Officer/Director of Facilities Management
(860) 832-1889

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:13 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they said "What dining hall? Huh? Rec Center? :x

fanblue101
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by fanblue101 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:02 pm

does anyone know what they are making next to Copernicus garage?

aerosyne
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by aerosyne » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 am

fanblue101 wrote:does anyone know what they are making next to Copernicus garage?
If you're talking about that space between the pumphouse by the garage, it's going to be a small greenhouse. I'm not exactly sure why that was picked as the spot, but that's what I've heard from staff around the building.

Pitchfork317
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Pitchfork317 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:20 pm

so is this being built? is memorial going to cumble onto itself once school starts?

Deltaguy
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by Deltaguy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:07 am

As of one week ago, the site was being prepared for the building of the foundation (or pad). Plenty of dirt has been removed or simply moved. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:50 am

As far as I know, Memorial Hall will continue as a dining facility. Last time I was inside it, it really wasn't too bad. Some areas that were for general dining have been sectioned off for university events.

There is even the "presidents" dining room which, if you didn't know you were in Memorial Hall, looks like you'd expect to be waited on by black tie butlers.

Deltaguy
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by Deltaguy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:40 pm

You're right, Sky. Once the new dining hall is complete and ready for use, Memorial Hall will continue to serve the "lower campus" resident population.

Pitchfork317
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Pitchfork317 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:50 pm

are they taking up space from the arute parking lot for the new dining hall?