Tom Pincince “Interim” AD

newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Tom Pincince “Interim” AD

Post by newbritainite »

I read/ heard that the next step is to remove the interim tag off of Tom P’s job title....

I say the next step after that is to:

-1) develop a proposal for a new convocation center on the CCSU campus.

- 2) upgrade CCSU to full scholarship

-3) transition to the America East Conference with Affiliate memberships in the NEC for football.
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Tom Pincince “Interim” AD

Post by hilltopper »

From what Pat Sellers said in his speech, it seems that Tom is going to be the AD. Pat said something to that effect, and I would think that he would not say that unless he knew it to be true.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

hilltopper wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:24 pm From what Pat Sellers said in his speech, it seems that Tom is going to be the AD. Pat said something to that effect, and I would think that he would not say that unless he knew it to be true.
Agreed Tom will probably have the “interim” badge removed.

As far as the other items go, in a perfect world, I would agree but it’s not a perfect world and we’ve beaten that poor dead horse a few too many times. If I recall correctly, we’ve been beating it since 1988 when Dr. Davidson scoped out the Mullins Center at UMass for ideas.

I’m 65 and I’m convinced I won’t see a new arena on campus in my life time.

Now, given that Monmouth was turned down for an affiliate football member in the NEC, and Robert Morris moved on as well (not sure if they wanted to stay or met the same fate as Monmouth) I doubt CCSU would be given that chance.

As much as I would like to see us joint the AE, it won’t happen if we can’t find a home for football.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

-A new arena is a pipe dream.
-NEC for FB only is probably not going to happen
-The CAA in FB has two things going against us. 1. They might not want us, and, 2. Central might not want to join, because it would require a large increase in costs
-It doesn't look to be realistic for a move to the AE.

Actually I am happy that Central seems to be set on staying in D1.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

hilltopper wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 am -A new arena is a pipe dream.
-NEC for FB only is probably not going to happen
-The CAA in FB has two things going against us. 1. They might not want us, and, 2. Central might not want to join, because it would require a large increase in costs
-It doesn't look to be realistic for a move to the AE.

Actually I am happy that Central seems to be set on staying in D1.
I have to agree. We’re just lucky to be in a conference and our goal should be to have the best athletic program in that conference.

I recall when there was discussion about the new rec center and some folks kept on talking about improvements to Kaiser. I tried to temper that discussion because the project was the rec center...NOT the gym.

We’ve put a ton of lipstick on that Kaiser pig. It’s still a pig...but it’s our pig. 😉
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Agreed with all the responses. Only ones we have a shot at is Tom and full scholarship football but even that has dependencies, seeing as the league as a whole has to agree to it. Also, as sky put it, our pig has lipstick and that lipstick wasn’t free, no way in h e double hockey sticks they just blow that off after only a years worth of use. Our onky hope is that they start buying more 💄 for that 🐷 and keep dressing her up, all new seats ( both sides) and cover up the concrete jail cell walls should be next…
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Great podcast. Tom is a professional through and through.

We know this is not an easy job, but he does it with a sense of calm. He's humble, yet he gets his hands dirty and does the hard work that may go unoticed.

He's pretty transparent in our challenges and also optimistic. Most importantly he is student-athlete focused in everything he does.

Not sure what the Administative hold up is, but it is well past the time we remove the interim tag. He is the AD we want and deserve. Let's get it done!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Totally agree. Happy to hear we can have 90% capacity at football, no clue why it’s not 100 but happy we can finally go see a game!!!