CCSU Sports Radio Broadcasting

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

CCSU Sports Radio Broadcasting

Post by Skyhawkct » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:20 pm

I didn’t quite know where to place my thoughts so I decided to place them here.

Rightly so, many of us have complained about the lack of radio coverage since CCSU no longer has a contract with WPOP.

I just received an Amazon Echo and I’m still discovering all of its abilities.

I simply stated “Alexa, play WFCS Radio” and she did, with crystal clarity and not that it makes a difference...but I’m in Florida.

My point is that we don’t need a mega powered station. CCSU has the resource of WFCS which can be accessed by anyone anywhere with an internet connection.

Couldn’t the university recruit two communication students to broadcast virtually all major and semi major sporting events on WFCS? It seems to me like it would be a pretty basic, simple and dirt cheap method of assuring that fans have access to the games while providing students with broadcasting experience.

Yeah as I said, it’s basic but it’s pretty much all we have...at least for now.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: CCSU Sports Radio Broadcasting

Post by hilltopper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 am

Couldn’t the university recruit two communication students to broadcast virtually all major and semi major sporting events on WFCS? It seems to me like it would be a pretty basic, simple and dirt cheap method of assuring that fans have access to the games while providing students with broadcasting experience.
Yes, why not? They could probably broadcast the Front Row audio for home games. i have a Yamaha receiver/home theater which gets Internet Radio and WFCS is available, as is about ten thousand other stations around the world. It sounds great!