Internet Reality: Tom Pincince Social Media article in newspaper

Deltaguy1
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Internet Reality: Tom Pincince Social Media article in newspaper

Post by Deltaguy1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:05 pm

In this morning's Htfd Courant, Tom Pincince is interviewed re: the social media and our kids. Read: http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-tom-pi ... story.html

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Internet Reality: Tom Pincince Social Media article in newspaper

Post by J.J. » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm

A very good article about the issues kids are facing with social media. I'm certainly thankful that I didn't grow up with Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram when I was in high school and college. I might not have gotten some jobs or had the professional career I have now if I posted some of the stupid things I did or thought back then. I'm guessing many of you 40 and older feel the same.

Tom P. is a great guy and I hope all the kids really listen to his message. CCSU is very lucky to have him as an Assistant Athletic Director and he does a great job promoting our programs.

"Social Media" or not, this message board is a public forum and all of us should heed his advice and #THINK (Thoughtful, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind) before we post, especially about student-athletes.

For the most part, I think this is one of the most lively, passionate, intelligent, and respectful discussions about a D-I athletic program in the country, but we shouldn't forget the impact of our posts. Compared to many of the other D-I athletics message boards I read, CCSUFANS.COM is a model community of posters!