@ Wagner

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

@ Wagner

Post by J.J. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:56 pm

CCSU is definitely the much better team. Our defense is playing great, but Wagner’s offense is dreadful. Keep up the pressure. I can’t see the Seahawks getting more than 20 points.

Our weakness is definitely special teams. We are just awful at blocking the pressure on punts and FGs. Can’t figure out why we are so awful.

Cole has a strong leg for FGs. He isn’t as accurate as we would like but he can hit them if we block up front and he keeps his head in the game. He’s not a punter. Not sure what is going on with Desaultis, but Cole isn’t a great replacement there.

Offense is grinding. Keep pushing and putting pressure on Wagner. We are too deep and talented for them. Give Wagner credit for playing good defense.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: @ Wagner

Post by J.J. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Figures ... soon as I post that the Wagner offense with the Frosh QB wakes up. Still like how we’re playing, but that last drive by Yost was very good.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:05 pm

BTW - the Wagner production on NEC Front Row sucks. The camera looks like it is shooting from NJ. Announcing is bad, but the camera action is horrible.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Were playing like a hot mess right now. Gonna do down at the half. Unreal.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Glad this game is over.

Oh yeah, they beat the Seahawks more handily than the EE did.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm

A terrible first half, turnovers and real stupid penalties. But still was there any doubt? Except for that one TD drive Wagner's O was dominated by the Central's D. A 14 point win and zero points allowed in the 2nd half and a road win.
We will take it!

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:48 pm

So it just wasn't me that thought the Wagner video production was garbage.
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:48 pm
So it just wasn't me that thought the Wagner video production was garbage.
JJ pointed it out too Larry. It was God awful. Plays were out of camera angle, the cameras bounced around like there was a hurricane and the announcers were terrible trying to explain penalties. But...it wasn’t too long ago that I complained about lack of radio coverage, so I can’t complain too much.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Sucks that we are dominating all these games (for the most part) and the whole season will most likely come down to the last game. Actually unless we choke next week, the entire season will come down to an away game in freakin Pittsburgh. Oh and wth with the basketball and football schedules conflicting so much? Do the schedule makers even pay attention? St. John’s, UMass and the Mohegan Sun games all conflict! 🤬🤬🤬

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:08 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Sucks that we are dominating all these games (for the most part) and the whole season will most likely come down to the last game. Actually unless we choke next week, the entire season will come down to an away game in freakin Pittsburgh. Oh and wth with the basketball and football schedules conflicting so much? Do the schedule makers even pay attention? St. John’s, UMass and the Mohegan Sun games all conflict! 🤬🤬🤬
Actually, the CAA is eating each other this year. Right now only #2 JMU has #11 Villanova is ranked ahead of CCSU. 'Nova just lost to New Hampshire and should drop a few spots. If we win the next two game vs. SFU and RMU and get to 10 wins, we are looking in very good shape for an at-large with a loss to Duquesne. Let's take it week by week, but if we keep winning "the next game" then everything takes care of itself.

Can't do anything about the schedule conflicts with hoops. Saturdays are prime time for non-conference games and every football school faces this issue. I love the idea of a Saturday filled with meaningful CCSU games in hoops and football.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm

So we CAN get to the playoffs without winning the NEC? Aggravated because I like to go to all the games :-)

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:23 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm
So we CAN get to the playoffs without winning the NEC? Aggravated because I like to go to all the games :-)
Yeah, it is possible, if the stars align perfectly. I would just prefer to win the NEC so we don't have to sweat it out. :lol:

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Note that if Central were to lose next week to St Francis and then beat RMU and Duquesne, then Central would get the NCAA bid from the NEC.
The preferred route is to just win out and have no need for tie breakers.