9.21.19 CCSU @ Eastern Michigan Univ.

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 9.21.19 CCSU @ Eastern Michigan Univ.

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:34 am

Un gd believable. We are truly cursed. Get a gd first down and it’s over. Took me all this time before I could even type.. This is gonna set us up to go the other way, loss next week at shu and it will all go down hill. How many gd blocked punts are we going to have this season already. Sickening. Gd sickening.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:06 am

I mean it must be burned in our dna. We just can’t win a big game! 10 seconds, ten gd seconds. First FBS win and we can’t get a first down. Blocked punt! Unreal. Can’t beat UConn at tiddlywinks let alone in any sport we play. We even have a chance at an fcs playoff win and our ex coach takes the moral route even though the kid had nothing to do with the party. We will never win a big game. It’s just who we are.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

I had nightmares last night, as I'm sure the whole team did. I really think this is the biggest heartbreaking loss I can ever remember asa CCSU fan - certainly for football. I think the closest thing was DeMario Anderson's half-court buzzer-beater at Detrick in 2008.

The coaches have to be killing themselves for not being in MAX PROTECT punt coverage. Letting him in unblocked was a crime.

However, based on what we've read about Aaron, and the upcoming bye week, I have no doubt that they will carry this loss with them for the entire season. If this is a harsh lesson that leads to a NEC Championship and a NCAA Playoff win, so be it.

We have to fine the glimmer of hope, but yes it is impossible not to think we are a cursed program at times.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:30 am

I slept for three hours and woke up with a pit in my stomach. I can only imagine how the players and coaches feel. I almost got kicked off Facebook reading all the, omg it was so close! That’s such a big school! We did so good! I almost puked. We won 99% of the game and the bottom line is the coaches didn’t close this one out. They almost blew the Merrimack game too. It’s a problem. So many things they could have done and I literally can’t go back and watch it so I’m going with the loss is on the coaches. Assuming celebrating too early.

JJ what did you mean when you said “from what I’ve read about Aaron....

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:54 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:30 am
I slept for three hours and woke up with a pit in my stomach. I can only imagine how the players and coaches feel. I almost got kicked off Facebook reading all the, omg it was so close! That’s such a big school! We did so good! I almost puked. We won 99% of the game and the bottom line is the coaches didn’t close this one out. They almost blew the Merrimack game too. It’s a problem. So many things they could have done and I literally can’t go back and watch it so I’m going with the loss is on the coaches. Assuming celebrating too early.

Meaning he is a great leader and will help focus the players in the huddle and on the sidelines (read the Courant profile this week). He is a mtaure graduate transfer that gets how to play this game and be prepared. I think we played so well this week at EMU because he is trying to change the vibe in the locker room. CCSU has always had issues with staying focused and being detailed-oriented. The players have always been prone to mistakes big and small.

I really hope this loss is a rallying cry throughout the season for the team. They can win out, but as we know the other teams won't just roll over. We have to play every play like it is our last. Do things the right way, all the time. When you have a lead, keep playing, don't let the opponent get any chances.

We can all cry in our milk here because we are fans - it is what we do. We are the irrational ones, and our mood ebbs and flows with wins and losses. But that's not how the players can feel. They need to pick themselves up off the floor and rededicate themselves to never taking a play off. Set a goal - NEC Championship and NCAA Playoff win - and focus everything you have on achieving it. It can be done!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:00 am

Most of those Facebook posts were from ignorant people who may have good intentions but know little about intercollegiate athletics.

The size of the school does have SOME bearing on athletics but some powerhouses like Notre Dame and Wake Forest are actually smaller than CCSU and some very large schools like Northeastern are mediocre mid major.

Undergrad enrollment at EMU is just 5,000 more than CCSU. It surely isn’t a mega university like UCF or Nebraska.

CCSU isn’t a Michigan but I wouldn’t call it a small school. However that’s what schools with low profile athletic programs are called.

Regarding football, the biggest problem with this loss is overcoming it. This team SHOULD run he table in the NEC but they need to put this behind them to do it.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:30 am

J.J. wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:54 am
ccsuhoops wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:30 am

Meaning he is a great leader and will help focus the players in the huddle and on the sidelines (read the Courant profile this week). He is a mtaure graduate transfer that gets how to play this game and be prepared. I think we played so well this week at EMU because he is trying to change the vibe in the locker room. CCSU has always had issues with staying focused and being detailed-oriented. The players have always been prone to mistakes big and small.

I really hope this loss is a rallying cry throughout the season for the team. They can win out, but as we know the other teams won't just roll over. We have to play every play like it is our last. Do things the right way, all the time. When you have a lead, keep playing, don't let the opponent get any chances.

We can all cry in our milk here because we are fans - it is what we do. We are the irrational ones, and our mood ebbs and flows with wins and losses. But that's not how the players can feel. They need to pick themselves up off the floor and rededicate themselves to never taking a play off. Set a goal - NEC Championship and NCAA Playoff win - and focus everything you have on achieving it. It can be done!
Great post. 100% accurate.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am

Okay, they snatched defeat right out of the jaws of victory!
Forget about it. It would have been a nice win for the program. But the big picture is an NEC championship and judging by the first four games it looks like we have a contender. If E Mich had the lead for the whole game, but Central hung in there and ended up with a 5 point loss, we would all be elated today!
Time to move on to SHU and to use the extra time to straighten out the punting team. You better believe that SHU is going to be coming full force every time Central goes into punt formation.
The E Mich game needs to be put in the rear view mirror and the focus is now on SHU and the NEC.

BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:54 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am
Okay, they snatched defeat right out of the jaws of victory!
Forget about it. It would have been a nice win for the program. But the big picture is an NEC championship and judging by the first four games it looks like we have a contender. If E Mich had the lead for the whole game, but Central hung in there and ended up with a 5 point loss, we would all be elated today!
Time to move on to SHU and to use the extra time to straighten out the punting team. You better believe that SHU is going to be coming full force every time Central goes into punt formation.
The E Mich game needs to be put in the rear view mirror and the focus is now on SHU and the NEC.
I love that approach, Hill. 100% correct! We have a very good team this year with a QB who is a leader and a warrior!
But looking back at yesterday’s game, not sure if we could have/should have done things differently for that punt. What if we had lined up like we were going for it but had Winchester pooch a punt? Somehow you gotta get the punt off.
Regardless I’m all in on Coach McCarthy. Love the defense and the creativity on offense.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Not loving the inability to close out games. We got lucky twice and not so lucky yesterday. Loss will sting for a very long time for me. We simply can’t win a big game ever. Hope they prove me wrong if they can get to the fcs playoffs. People however, especially the coaching staff and players have to stop this, oh we came so close,I’m so proud bs. WIN CENTRAL! Not lose. I hope the players play with a chip on their shoulders for the rest of the year and DESTROY EVERYONE! Enough of moral victories, they are worthless.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:19 pm

CCSU in a nutshell during big games. I still can't go back and watch it for fear of breaking something but how did that kid go unblocked to the punter?

wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 pm

As an Atlanta Falcons & CCSU fan, I’ve come to learn that 99% doesn’t really mean you’re going to win!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:26 am

Does the name “Joe Pisarcik” ring a bell with anyone?

The bye week is coming at the right time. Give the guys 14 days to move on an practice hard.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Who said there is no such thing as bad publicity? :oops:

BAD BEAT$ from Scott Van Pelt on ESPN SportsCenter