Boston College fires coach Steve Addazio

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boston College fires coach Steve Addazio

Post by J.J. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 am

CCSU alum rebuilt BC football program, could be considered for UConn job if they part ways with randy Edsall.
BOSTON — Boston College fired coach Steve Addazio after seven seasons in which the Eagles never surpassed seven wins.

Wide receivers coach Rich Gunnell will serve as interim coach, athletic director Martin Jarmond said in a statement Sunday afternoon, a day after BC beat Pittsburgh to achieve bowl eligibility for the sixth time in seven years under Addazio.

“He inherited a program that had a down stretch and led us to six bowl games while recruiting high-character student-athletes that represented BC the right way,” Jarmond said. “Our student-athletes have been pillars of the community and in the classroom, and that’s a credit to Steve and his staff.”

Addazio, a native of Farmington, was 44-44 since taking over in 2013, earning a bowl-qualifying sixth win with the 26-19 victory over Pittsburgh. The 60-year-old coach spent much of his postgame news conference talking about the program’s future, insisting, “It’s not about me.”

“All I cared about was getting this team to six wins and getting another month with them. And then watching what I watched,” he said after celebrating with his players in the locker room. “That was the greatest gift that I got. You want to talk about me? That was a great gift.”

Addazio, who played at Central Connecticut State University and coached Cheshire High School from 1988-94, lamented the loss of BC quarterback Anthony Brown and linebackers John Lamont and Isaiah McDuffie, and spoke — in a familiar theme for him over the years — about the program’s youth. The Eagles have 62 players who are redshirt sophomores or younger.
https://www.courant.com/sports/college/ ... story.html

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Boston College fires coach Steve Addazio

Post by hilltopper » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am

New England is the kiss of death for FBS football.
Take note UMASS and UConn.