Jake Watch

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Jake Watch

Post by Shoreline » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Looks like the 2019 NFL Draft will be of interest to us:
http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/a ... ing-a-Buzz

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Jake Watch

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:17 am

Wouldn't that be nice! Of course for him and his family but think of the recruiting chip. Hmmmmm

Very worried about who will replace him.

Go get em Jake! Best of luck! Go Blue!

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 am

Absolutely great buzz about Jake and the program. Still can't help but feel we underachieved with that kind of size and talent under center. This is certainly great press for Central Connecticut football, but a disappointment we never saw Jake in a FCS Playoff game.

No doubt Jake has some gaudy stats in New Britain, but honestly I've seen enough of his play where he wasn't the best player on the field in some NEC games. He definitely has a NFL-type frame physically and he has the tools, so I can see his potential to be a pro. However, I'm amazed he's getting this much NFL hype (and I've read it other places too), but I wish him all the best in some all-star games and on Draft Day. Justise Harison had tons of talent and got drafted, but never saw a NFL roster. We all wish Jake the best, but this is a very much a longshot to make a roster, as he hasn't won big at I-AA/FCS level like McNair, Romo, Flacco and Wentz, etc.

As for next year, I'm very concerned as well. With all due respect to Tanner and whoever else was holding the clipboard on the sidelines this season. If we couldn't beat teams like Columbia, Lafayette, and Sacred Heart with Jake at QB and Joey Fields, Jose Garcia, and Courtney Rush at WRs, then next year's passing game is looking very bleak. We return a stable of RBs, and much of the O-Line and TE, but QB/WR is going to take a step back.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 pm

He has the size and frame, and a good arm. In the NFL it is worth a try, since the upside of getting a good QB is astronomical and the downside of cutting a late round draft pick is low.