Girls are NOT done!!!!

Lets talk about the rebirth of the WBB program.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Girls are NOT done!!!!

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Woo hoo! Girls one in ot on the ROAD! Now THAT’s how it’s done! =D> =D> =D>

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Girls are NOT done!!!!

Post by hilltopper » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:22 pm

The bad news - they blew a 20 point 3rd Q lead,
The good news - they made it look easy in OT
Nice road win when they needed it!

ccsutaf
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by ccsutaf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Agreed Hill. If only the Men's team had a point guard that could have 17 points 6 assists and 9-10 from the free throw line as Patterson had tonight.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:22 pm
The bad news - they blew a 20 point 3rd Q lead,
The good news - they made it look easy in OT
Nice road win when they needed it!
Geez. Didn’t watch, onky saw the score. Thanks for the heads up, not gonna watch now. Lol. Regardless always nice to be the spoiler in a 2-7 game...

Also, I pray a little every day that Camacho is that guy. Gonna need another so hopefully DM is on that. Someone will need to not return for that to happen however...

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:10 am

Yes, Patterson is fun to watch and definitely a CCSU great! I am looking forward to watching her next year.

I have been looking at the schedule and standings and cannot figure out all the possible scenarios for seeding in the NEC tournament should Central win the last game. We have the tie breaker with SHU and I do not know what is the 2nd tie breaker with Bryant and SF Brooklyn as we split with them.
Since MSM is playing RMU in their last game the probability is pretty good that even a Central loss will get us in. However assuming a Central win opens up a very complicated scenario, it looks like 5 or 6 seeds are up for grabs. Anyone figure it out?

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Looks like they break it down here. Good Lord, thankfully we have mathematicians cause at first glance this looks hard...

http://northeastconference.org/news/201 ... aspx?path=

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Also, wth are they doing with the women’s playoffs? We win and now we have to qualify?!

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:19 am

Ok so I finally looked at the girls schedule. Why the hell are they still playing when the men are already done? Hated this for years that the men’s tournament is done before most have their tournament. Figured it’s because the NEC sucks but now I just don’t know. Why are the girls still playing?

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:35 am

hoops, by having their tournament before the majors allows the NEC to be in the media spotlight and have the championship game on ESPN.
It serves as a warm up for college BB fans as they get primed for March madness.
Also, wth are they doing with the women’s playoffs? We win and now we have to qualify?!
Central only needs to have RMU defeat MSM and they are in. If Central wins then the rest of the results will have to be sorted out as Central could be as high as a 4 seed! At least its a mathematical possibility.
If Central loses and MSM upsets RMU then Central is out of the playoffs.
So going into the last day of the regular season CCSU could be a 4th seed or not even make the playoffs.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks hill. I guess that makes sense. Wish we had a conference that didn’t require this but it is what it is.

Would be awesome if we had a home game. Assuming we’ll get a shot at our season tickets...

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Well, with the loss at LIU the ladies are the 7 seed and playing on Wed March 7. They will be going to western PA. It has not yet been determined whether it will be RMU or SFU as the tie breaker will come down to the next RPI rating. The higher RPI will be the #1 seed and Central will play the #2 seed.
At the time of this post the NEC does not yet know what that will be.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

What on earth is the format they are following?! Is it explained anywhere? RPI??!

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 am

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/n ... f?id=17964

I think (I could be wrong) the first row is the situation as of right now. As you can see, SFU and RMU are still in contention for #1 seed.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:03 pm

So i finally looked it up after being wrong twice, lol.

Tournament Overview
The NEC Women’s Basketball Tournament, presented by Startwire, will consist of an eight-team field playing in a pod format with the #1 and #2 seeds each hosting two quarterfinal games and a semifinal game. Teams will not be reseeded after the quarterfinal round.

NEC Tournament quarterfinal play commences on Wednesday, March 7, followed by the semifinal round on Thursday, March 8. All quarterinal and semifinal games will air on NEC Front Row. In addition, ESPN3 will televise both quarterfinals games hosted by the #1 seed and each of the semifinal contests. The championship game, to be televised by ESPNU, will be contested on Sunday, March 11 at 2:00 pm.

The women returned to a high-seed hosting format from 2011-17. The previous format in which a single campus site hosted the quarterfinals and semifinals, followed by the highest remaining seed hosting the championship game was utilized in 1998, from 2002-04 and from 2008-10. The NEC employed a high-seed hosting format from 1991-97 and 2005-07, had the tournament contested at one campus site (Wagner, in 1999), as well as at a municipal arena (Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton in 2000-01).

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm

How bad is this gonna suck if both PA teams ever finish one and two. My lord. Actually any school outside of SHU and or Bryant would be a pain to travel to twice. Hope this doesn't come over the fence.