Rebecca Lobo's parents were CCSU alumns

Lets talk about the rebirth of the WBB program.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rebecca Lobo's parents were CCSU alumns

Post by J.J. » Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 am

I know, I know ... yet another UConn connection at CCSU. But I found this interesting. If she only attended the school were her parents met ... :)
Lobo is a seminal figure in both UConn and women's basketball history. After she decided to play for Geno Auriemma in 1991, the Huskies began their rise as the preeminent women's college program in America. UConn has gone on to win a record 11 NCAA championships and Auriemma was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2006.

Yet it was the 1995 team that Lobo led to the first national championship, capping a 35-0 season, which changed the way people looked at women's basketball. It was the group that made an entire state fall in love with the UConn women and lead to an undeniable rise in interest nationally in the game.

Nobody was more loved than Lobo. She might not be the nicest person in the world, but she's definitely in the top three. Lobo might be 43 now and the mother of four, but she will always be Connecticut's First Daughter.

She's also Dennis' and RuthAnn's daughter. The two met at a dance when they attended Central Connecticut and were married nearly 45 years before RuthAnn died of breast cancer in 2011.
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-wom ... story.html

ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Rebecca Lobo's parents were CCSU alumns

Post by ktuck911 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 am

Wonder if they knew my Aunt Marsha... So was she.. Probably around the same time....