Central Baseball Heating Up As Coach Hickey Closes In On 600

All things baseball.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Central Baseball Heating Up As Coach Hickey Closes In On 600

Post by J.J. » Sat May 13, 2017 11:08 am

Central Connecticut baseball coach Charlie Hickey, in his 18th season, 21st overall, is closing in on 600 career wins, 500 as head man for the Blue Devils.

"It's been great, really, but without sounding corny," Hickey said, "I think of wins as in kids who have come through the program. When you first recruited them and they were 17 years old and now [they are] a high school coach or a New Britain police officer or a teacher somewhere. Those are the ones that mean a little bit more where you know you've had some sort of positive influence in their life in terms of them becoming what they should be."
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/h ... story.html

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Central Baseball Heating Up As Coach Hickey Closes In On 600

Post by Skyhawkct » Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 pm

I ran a 5k in New Britain today. There was a team CCSU booth as well as a UConn Health booth and the folks at the UConn booth were all excited about the Huskies baseball program. Of course I told them about our superb season so far and was greeted with blank clueless stares. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Central Baseball Heating Up As Coach Hickey Closes In On 600

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am

Skyhawkct wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 pm
I ran a 5k in New Britain today. There was a team CCSU booth as well as a UConn Health booth and the folks at the UConn booth were all excited about the Huskies baseball program. Of course I told them about our superb season so far and was greeted with blank clueless stares. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
But of course we lost to the Huskies in the only game we played them in this season. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hoping they make some noise in the tournament in Norwich.