NCAA Fayetteville Regional

All things baseball.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NCAA Fayetteville Regional

Post by J.J. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Another interesting DYK from CCSU's win:

Cal first baseman Andrew Vaughn, who was selected as the No. 3 overall pick in the MLB draft by the White Sox, was held hitless by Curtin and Gallagher.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm

This is an outstanding story. I went many CCSU baseball games back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, but this current program is at a way higher level.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:53 am

NEW BRITAIN - Charlie Hickey wasn’t even back in New Britain for 72 hours when it was time to get back out on the road again.

The Central Connecticut State baseball team had just returned from its NCAA regional in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and its best finish in program history. But for the Blue Devils’ head coach, there was also work to be done and potential recruits to scout.

After coming off its first-ever NCAA Tournament win when it beat California-Berkley last Saturday, and second conference championship in three years just to reach regional play, Hickey and CCSU are looking to build on and maintain that success in the coming seasons.

“I know it can’t hurt,” Hickey said of the benefits of the 7-4 win over the Golden Bears and playing TCU close before losing 9-5 last Sunday in an elimination game. “I’ve been seeing and hearing people talk about us. It certainly helped that we played late into the weekend and have been there twice in three seasons. I plan on utilizing that for the next couple of years.”
http://www.bristolpress.com/article/vie ... y/section/

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Arkansas up big 9-1 vs Ole Miss through 5 innings in game 1 of the Super Regionals.

Sellout crowd in Fayetteville. Would love to see the Razorbacks go all the way and win the CWS.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:22 pm

(#12) Mississippi - 1
(#5) Arkansas - 11
End of 6th