CCSU to play at Dunkin' Donuts Park

All things baseball.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

CCSU to play at Dunkin' Donuts Park

Post by J.J. » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 am

http://www.hartfordhawks.com/news/2018/ ... h=baseball
HARTFORD, Conn. – The University of Hartford Department of Athletics and the Hartford Yard Goats have announced that the Hawks' baseball team will play two additional games inside of Dunkin' Donuts Park this season. Hartford will host a doubleheader on March 31, playing in-state rivals Central Connecticut and UConn.

Dunkin' Donuts Park is the home of the Hartford Yard Goats, the AA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.

Tickets are $10 for general admission seating, while the first 500 students with valid IDs from Hartford, UConn and Central Connecticut receive free admission. Student tickets beyond the first 500 will be $5. Limited seating for the Home Plate Club is also available for $25 on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are good for both games and are on sale through the Yard Goats' website.

First pitch against Central Connecticut is slated for 11:30 a.m., while first pitch against UConn is slated for 3:30 p.m., with gates scheduled to open at 10:30 A.m. Dunkin' Donuts Park concession stands will be open during the game, and beer and wine will be sold.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: CCSU to play at Dunkin' Donuts Park

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Is there a rematch? Just saw this on the yard goats web page: https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Chan ... sPNq4jwY2x

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Yes, it is on the Central schedule for May 16.
I went to Saturdays game, it was a pitchers duel, Hartford had a pretty good starting pitcher, hit 95 a couple of times, if the center field speedometer is accurate.
I was also impressed with the Central outfield arms in right and left. Each threw out a runner, the LF at home /RF at 3rd base, they were both ropes and right on the money.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Cool. Glad they get to play in a top notch venue a couple of times. Not that ours isn’t awesome mind you... I may check this game out...

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:24 pm

It must be great for the players, after all this is where (or something like it) they want to be playing after college. I am sure that Central could do the same either in the Yard Goats park or the Bees park, but prefers to play home games on campus. UofH plays most of their games on their campus field.
I am not sure if these games bring in enough money to cover the costs of opening up a minor league stadium and if not, who foots the bill?
And lets face it, it is not like any of the local college teams are playing to SRO crowds and need to move to a larger venue.
Baseball is just not a sport that fits well with college.