George Springer

All things baseball.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

George Springer

Post by J.J. » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 pm

I know he's a UConn grad, but he is from New Britain and his sister played softball for CCSU.

He's been a monster in the World Series. I'm rooting for the Dodgers, but man he's been incredibly productive.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: George Springer

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Heard today on the news they are trying to rename Paul Manafort Drive after this kid..

I say to heck with that and call it Howie Dickenmann Drive!

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Springer has no affiliation to CCSU - they should name a park or Little League field in New Britain after him.

Manafort Drive is named after the father, a former N.B. mayor and alderman. I'm not suggesting they rename it, but if the do can it could just go back to the old name "South Perimeter Road"

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Totally agree, I think naming after him makes zero sense.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:15 am

"Springer has no affiliation to CCSU - they should name a park or Little League field in New Britain after him." J.J.

Renaming the road after Springer would be yet another outrageous slap in the face to CCSU by the UCONNites.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 am

You have got to be kidding me! I mean, doesn't CCSU have a few alum who achieved greatness themselves...like Ricky Bottalico?

I know it's a city road and CCSU has little to say about it but lets see if our new President steps up to the plate (excuse the pun) and speaks out against this.

Deltaguy1
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by Deltaguy1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Not to politicize this, but, that's all this is. I'ts been reported that there's one guy, from Farmington, who wants to change the name. It's like the Robert E Lee "syndrome"- if your name sounds like the name of a "bad guy/gal", YOUR name must be mud. Thus, it must be expunged.

There are many, many more serious things that need to be discussed and done. This is not one of them.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Heard today that the mayor on NB said it will remain as is because it's for the dad not the kid..

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Heard today that the mayor on NB said it will remain as is because it's for the dad not the kid..
Hooray for common sense!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Deltaguy1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Not to politicize this, but, that's all this is. I'ts been reported that there's one guy, from Farmington, who wants to change the name. It's like the Robert E Lee "syndrome"- if your name sounds like the name of a "bad guy/gal", YOUR name must be mud. Thus, it must be expunged.

There are many, many more serious things that need to be discussed and done. This is not one of them.
Agreed. Maybe we can change the road sign to "Paul John Manafort Sr - Former Mayor - Not That Other Guy Drive". ;-)

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Agreed. Maybe we can change the road sign to "Paul John Manafort Sr - Former Mayor - Not That Other Guy Drive". ;-)
Excellent idea!
Although the length of the sign may interfere with traffic, but it would be worth it for clarifications sake 8)