@ FDU

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Did anyone even watch??

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: @ FDU

Post by CCSU4-3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:01 pm

I watched most of it. More of the same. Game Score of 0 at Torvik. Kenpom now projects a 1-17 NEC record, ranked #351 or 353.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Predictions:

1) This team doesn't win a game for the rest of the year.
2) Multiple players announce they are transferring out at the end of the season
3) CCSU and DM come to a "mutual agreement" to part ways at the end of the season.

I'm sure everyone associated with the program is just worn out by all this by now. No need for me or anyone to pile on. This sucks!

We should just cheer for the kids - they put in a lot of time and effort and losing like this isn't easy on anyone. In just over a month (on February 29), this nightmare will come to an end and hopefully we can look forward to the future.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Agreed JJ, well said. It is what it is...

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 am

JJ wrote:Predictions:

1) This team doesn't win a game for the rest of the year.
2) Multiple players announce they are transferring out at the end of the season
3) CCSU and DM come to a "mutual agreement" to part ways at the end of the season.
That looks like the direction toward which things are moving!

Number 1 is looking more and more likely. FDU is a bottom half of the NEC team and Central lost by over 20 pts. Given that, who in the NEC can they beat? This looks like we are going to leave no doubt as to who is the worst team in D1 MBB.

Number 2 is likely too. But there is only one player that has a chance of moving up to an equal or better conference and that is Krishnan.
What can anyone else show to market themselves? So there may be some transferring to D2 or D3. Of course I realize that when the ship is sinking, anything is better than staying on board. A lot depends on the player's attitudes. If you think that it has been tough on us, it has been a nightmare for them!

Number 3.....Even if there is substantial improvement next year, what are the prospects... 5 or 6 wins? DM does not need this job. Perhaps he wants out too.