Patrick Sellars

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsudevils1
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Patrick Sellars

Post by ccsudevils1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Patrick Sellars is an Assistant Coach at Fairfield and a CCSU alum. Calhoun threw him under the bus at UConn for recruiting violations but I think he would be an ideal candidate. He played at CCSU and knows the program.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Patrick Sellars

Post by hilltopper » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:17 pm

I think that Patrick was the pick for many here, maybe even the majority, to be Howie's successor.
But the problem is that nobody expects Central to be looking for a coach next season. Maybe the season after that, but then who knows if Sellers will be available or interested?

Deltaguy1
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Deltaguy1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Still, isn't it better to have a coach who's been a succesfull head coach somewhere, regardless of level, for more than 4 seasons.
Next best, IMO, would be an assistant who's been at a continually succesfull upper D1 program, for more than a cup of coffee (like a few years).
Of course, everyone wants that coach, if they're anywhere south of a .500 record.

Not saying anything against Patrick!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Who knows Delta? We tried that once with Mike Brown and that was a disaster. Not that your idea isn’t a good one...it is. We need to find someone associated with a successful program AND who has CCSU’s best interest at heart.

ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pm

I should reach out to Rod... He and I were at UConn the same time.. we're still linked via LinkedIn...He's(Patrick that is) a better option than Donyell (love this dude, but NO.. No more... enough is enough)... Hopefully the powers that be forgave Pat for that violation years ago.. They should... You see stuff go on nowadays (see KANSAS for example... and how about UNC while we're at it) and wonder why they ever messed with him... Also, what's Jamelle Elliott doing these days??? She had a rough go at it as HC at Cincy. It'd be nice to see her take the reigns from PIper for a few years (while developing the staff underneath her for somebody to take over, because I have zero doubt that she won't be back at the FBS/D1 Major level coaching again). The lack of success kills your basketball programs the way the lack of success in football @ UConn is killing its program.. We are all in do or die situations folks....

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi ktuck,
Hopefully the powers that be forgave Pat for that violation years ago..
No need for him to be forgiven, he did nothing wrong. The NCAA exonerated Sellers.
see:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... basketball
An email from his attorney had popped into his inbox overnight. Sellers had been exonerated by the NCAA and wouldn't face any sanctions when the Committee on Infractions released its report on UConn.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:01 pm

"There was so much publicity when I left but nothing when I got cleared," Sellers said.” Andy Katz Blog via Hilltopper.

Excellent post Hilltopper, thanks! Yeah, the accusation is always above the fold on page one in 72 point bold type, while the retraction is usually buried somewhere on page 37. It’s been that way for thousands of years. Just ask Mary Magdalene.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 am

Pat needs to be our next coach. That is all...

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 am
Pat needs to be our next coach. That is all...
giphy[1].gif
giphy[1].gif (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
https://media.giphy.com/media/L9kwXOK00OJGM/giphy.gif
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:48 am

Sellers 2020