Time for a change...

Lets talk some Hoops!
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Time for a change...

Post by ktuck911 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Happy New Year folks.. I hope your 2020 is going well so far.

I'm back visiting this forum (taking a break from the frustration at my UConn Football and MBB message boards.. Thank God for UConn WBB.. It's keeping us afloat over there)

I'm still a fan of CCSU Sports as well.... Basketball and Football in particular..

Which pains me to say this, BUT, it looks like it's time to move on from UConn great D. Marshall for the Men as well as Piper for the Women. You deserve better. plain and simple... It's no longer fair at this point. Moral victories, aside, it's time to put up some Ws, plain and simple. MBB has been a revolving door of transfers, JUCOs that haven't even had a chance to gel after 1 year together. and as for WBB, although I really like Piper, I count maybe 1 competitive season (were there any more that I missed???)..

It aint workin out. You guys deserve better...

(Mic drop)

ccsutaf
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Re: Time for a change...

Post by ccsutaf » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Agreed. The issue is unfortunately that CCSU does not have the financial resources to pay Donyell through the end of next season and Beryl Piper through 2022 and their replacements. Because of that the university is most likely saddled with the status quo until the contracts expire which means more rebuilding. Ugh!

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Welcome back.... We need to keep football at a decent level and retool Hoops..... Hoops needs an enema real bad....
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm
Welcome back.... We need to keep football at a decent level and retool Hoops..... Hoops needs an enema real bad....
Positive Panda is gone. : (

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:09 am

Larryl9797 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm
Screw decent. I'll say we need to elevate football, get that d1 playoff win and retool hoops. Football has all the tools it needs to succeed, nfl recognition, FCS playoffs 2 out of the last 3 yeas, proven young coach, undefeated season, list can go on and on, no excuses not to be in the FCS playoffs again. Basketball on the other hand? I don't even know what to say anymore. DM has deflated me immensely, lets face it, he can't even coach himself in a winnable game. I can't believe the fans in the stands haven't become vocal yet, I mean they are in conversation but I mean out loud lol. This isn't rebuilding, this is lost. Let's see where this season brings us, maybe he can, like I thought, win a 8/10 games in the NEC but I'll stand by my earlier statement, if he goes for 0 wins, he should not be allowed to come back, eat the money, take it from somewhere else. I'd also love to know if anyone is being held accountable for his hire? We all know it wasn't on the up and up but was is solely on the guy who is no longer here? Or were there others that bucked the system for a UConn guy to take the helm. Inquiring minds want to know...

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am

IMHO Hoops, DM should do the honorable thing and simply resign. There is no dishonor in resigning as opposed to another miserable season and not having your contract renewed.
Last edited by Skyhawkct on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

Skyhawkct wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am
IMHO Hoops, DM should do the honorable thing and simply resign. This is no dishonor in resigning as opposed to another miserable season and not having your contract renewed.
Agreed.