Lets talk some Hoops!
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I know things are bad

Post by Larryl9797 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 am

J.J. wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:26 am
Tom P. would be an excellent choice for AD. The larger issue remains, how do we increase the budgetary and institutional support coming from Davidson Hall and the State Captiol for athletics?
Agree.. If he would stick around for a while and give the department some stability..

My concern is this ...... The Last 2 school presidents before Toro were outwardly sports fans and did their best to improve their Athletic department.. Where does the current president stand on tehis.....
And BTW .. I get pizzed everytime I see witcata state on tv....MBB had a chance to elevate back in 2001 and didnt leverage the situation that dropped in their lap.. to be a consistent winner and have the chance at a real arena and better conference....
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Lots of CCSU-UMBC connections ... but were trending in opposite directions.

In 2018, the Retrievers shocked the world as a #16 upsetting #1 Virginia ... CCSU men's and women's basketball teams are a combined 0-20 this season

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... story.html
UMBC called and offered its athletic director position to Brian Barrio on Dec. 6. The timing couldn’t have been better.

“I got the call on my birthday. It was the best birthday present I’ve ever gotten,” Barrio, 42, said during his introductory news conference Tuesday morning at the UMBC Event Center in Catonsville.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:22 pm

The dream season continues. Girls get lit up by 34. Oh happy days!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:26 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:22 pm
The dream season continues. Girls get lit up by 34. Oh happy days!
2004 and 2014, UConn men and women are both national champs.

2020, CCSU men and women are on target of going 0-50.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am

Next loss starting in 3 min. Bout to watch on espn+

Toprowscreamer
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by Toprowscreamer » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am

Nation's longest losing streak (16 games), in case you didn't know.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am

Toprowscreamer wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am
Nation's longest losing streak (16 games), in case you didn't know.
Ha! its' us! I didn't know obviously. 17 comin right up!

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am

Announcers just said DM has quite a pedigree, he should have plenty of knowledge, Bahhhahahahah!

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Hugely an co down at ETSU just finished the ooc schedule at 11-2, Joe must be like whaaaaaat? There IS such a thing as winning in the first half of the season! Happy for him, glad he was able to jump off DM’s sinking 🚢

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Think we’ve hit rock bottom fellas. 352. Today was disgusting. Just imagine when these kids actually give up on DM.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Forgot it was on. Started watching 1/2 hour into the game. Gave it 10 minutes then watched a movie.

GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Usually think Central's defense is good. Not today. They had no idea on how to stop SFP from scoring. I don't expect Central to win but to go down by 18 at the half to another NCE team is mind blowing. Even President Toro walk out of the game with 4 minutes to go.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Guess how’s many teams in the NEC gave up FIFTEEN threes? Even the announcers questioned why no defensive changes were made! I give up! The fact that I’m basically the only one on here means I’m late 🤦🏻‍♂️

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Yes, I heard that too. The announcer was puzzled and asked why is Central sticking with a 2-3 zone instead of a 3-2?
and he commented how LIU was content to just pump in threes.

But I think the bottom line answer is that Central is too small, especially with Wallace in a boot. They are basically playing with 2 or 3 small forwards and 2 or 3 guards. So sticking with the 2-3 zone allows better in the paint defense. It is analogous to football; if your opponent is running the ball you have to put another defender in the box and then you become vulnerable to the medium and long pass.
So DM is daring the opponent to make the lower percentage shot rather then have their bigs dominate in the paint. (Note that Connecticut College out rebounded Central in a 30+ pt loss.)

That is the story of this team, they are too small. Now that problem could be mitigated if they were a lights out three point shooting team, but they are not.
The problem may not be the quality of the athletes but rather the size. Look at all the AE and NEC teams Central has played, the eyeball test shows that the peer group opponents all have two or three power forwards who are bigger and/or bulkier than Central.

The reason that it looks like Central is dribbling and trying to win with individual effort is because the guards cannot pass the ball into the interior, and when they do the forward is smaller and lighter than his defender. Wilson, Ayagma, and Coleman would all be better if they played beside a bigger and/or wider PF. The kind of PF we see on just about every AE and NEC opponent.

Last years team had Kohl and Bute and they were an interior force, they were lost to graduation and neither was replaced. So I can guess in which direction the recruiting will be directed next year.