I know things are bad

Lets talk some Hoops!
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

I know things are bad

Post by RonnyRob15 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:06 pm

But the AD leaving for UMBC doesn’t even warrant a post?

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: I know things are bad

Post by RonnyRob15 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:00 pm

"You can’t make it up." RonnyRob15

No you cannot make this up. Or even imagine it for that matter. So our last two nationwide searches have ended up with a palace coup and basically a little more than a one night stand. And how was the breakup broached to CCSU? "I think it is time we started seeing other athletic departments. Its not you, its me."

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 pm

The bs politics in NB must be astounding. DM will be here forever. WTF...

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am

“Congratulations to @CCSU_AD Brian Barrio on becoming the new AD @UMBCAthletics. We appreciate all you did here @CCSU and look forward to seeing the great things you will accomplish @UMBC!” CCSUSportsJournalism.

Sorry, but no. No appreciation or congratulations is called for. This move was totally unprofessional. And how long was this double cross being contemplated and planned? It is ironic that the person who would strive to direct so many team programs turned out in the end not a team player himself.

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:08 am

Shoreline wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am
“Congratulations to @CCSU_AD Brian Barrio on becoming the new AD @UMBCAthletics. We appreciate all you did here @CCSU and look forward to seeing the great things you will accomplish @UMBC!” CCSUSportsJournalism.

Sorry, but no. No appreciation or congratulations is called for. This move was totally unprofessional. And how long was this double cross being contemplated and planned? It is ironic that the person who would strive to direct so many team programs turned out in the end not a team player himself.
I've got a jar of olvies in the fridge that has lasted longer than Barrio.
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 am

Shoreline wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am

Agreed, I've been getting ticked off reading all the praise, even on the alumni Facebook, wtf? I'm pissed, he blew us off as a stepping stone to the AE where he wanted to be all along. Similar to Paul. Did a few good things then blew us off, now the program is yet again at a standstill, both basketball teams are a freakin disgrace, football has to deal w/ a new qb. Ugh. bye Felicia.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:39 pm

CCSU is broken and broke - plain and simple.

I'm not sure I can put the blame on Paul or Brian.

Sad, sad when you have 2 ADs resign over a period of 3 years to take job at Fairfield and UMBC.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:10 pm

If broken, why isn't Toro healing?

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I mean, would any of you honestly stay with your current employer strictly out of loyalty if you were offered a better, higher paying job somewhere else?

I don't blame Brian for leaving. I also don't know if there are any other circumstances involved.

I blame CCSU.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Correct, all depends on the circumstances. I have a sinking feeling the politics at CCSU are nightmarish, aka, DM's hiring going above what the AD at the time wanted. I'm sure it goes way deeper. That and no budget and the crappy NEC (not that we deserve anything better except maybe for football) and there you have it. Later. Thought this dude was going to stick around as he's from CT but w/ the taxes and I'm sure a much better paying job in a better conference, it was bye Felicia to us. Apparently he doesn't care about them not having a football team. Regarding blaming him? I guess you can't, grass isn't always greener, look at coach Ross, tripled his salary...for one year.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm

At least it happened before I made my Annual Fund gift.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:51 pm

It does not seem to be that big of a deal. Can anyone say that he did a marvelous job? no, because he wasn't here long enough to have finished hanging the pictures in his office.

He went on to a better position for his needs, it happens all the time in business.

I think that coaches are more important than the AD, at least in the short run.
Nothing is going to change with regard to the performance of the teams for which we are fans. Next year will be what it is going to be regardless of who is the AD.
Meanwhile, the search process will begin, and they will hire a replacement.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Have they named an interim?