Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: at #13 Virginia Tech

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 pm

CCSU4-3 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 pm
I didnt see the game...what did Kohl do to earn his ejection?
Happened quick and I didn’t rewind but pretty sure he gave a kid an extra shove as he was heading to the rim.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:19 pm
I think this would not have hurt so much if we had beaten NC A&T, which would have happened with the regular Kohl.
Kohl ejected for flagrant 2, but that is not going to make much difference in this one. They have to be shooting like 60% on threes, or more?
The pep band is pretty damn good
We could beat em! and i mean in basketball :D
Agreed. We weren't going to win this and we're 25-point underdogs to open the game. We got beat bad and I'm sure we would have liked to see a better effort, but I won't lose sleep over this game. Kids are sick on a long bus trip vs. a Top-15 team.

The NC A&T loss hurts more. Should have been able to win that even without Kohl. I'd look at that tape again and ignore the film from tonight.

This team is a work in progress, so we can't get to up or down yet. We have a few more non-conference tests at Providence, Maine and Oregon State. Let's see how they regroup for the final 3 games before the NEC begins.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 pm

There are four games left until conference play. It looks good for a 6-7 non conference schedule. Maine is 0-8 and Penn State -WB is D3. Of course nothing is guaranteed! If we write it like this... PENN STATE Wilkes-Barre would a win look more impressive?

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:26 pm

I look at it like this - 2 weeks of practice (including a scrimmage game) between Virginia Tech and Providence.

Hopefully the team gets rests and gets healthy. They were on some long road trips (Jamaica, Los Angeles, N.C./Virginia).

It will help to sleep in their own beds and get some home cooking.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:42 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 pm
If we write it like this... PENN STATE Wilkes-Barre would a win look more impressive?
LOL!

I certainly hope the schedule makers have heard the fans. Rather sit home then go to New Britain for d3 Ball.