Site Admin

Re: 3rd Game Nov 13 vs. UMASS-Lowell 7pm *HOME GAME*

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

If you have a twitter account let @NECFrontRow @NECFrontRow @NECHoopsRon @NECsports know

bigbluefan1965
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by bigbluefan1965 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm
If you have a twitter account let @NECFrontRow @NECFrontRow @NECHoopsRon @NECsports know
That might help in the future, but to be honest it’s not the NEC’s responsibility to care about CCSU’s fan base...it’s 100% CCSU’s.

Guess we just got spoiled with the reliability of the BDRN all those years on WPOP.
"Complaining becomes a habit. Focusing on the negative also becomes a habit. It’s one of the most detrimental habits you can possibly have." -- T Harv Eker

BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by BigBlue92 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Boys, we are back! We got something good this year!!!

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 pm

my feed was up for like a second. any have a score for me?

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:58 pm

I get it and I know the entire AD staff try very hard and do everything they can ... but we have to ask the Athletic Director

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PROPERLY INVEST $$$$$ INTO DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL?!?!?!?!?

Was this a basic hardware problem tonight? Then buy new equipment, get a T1 line in the gym ... I don't know what happened but I'm willing to bet it was caused by woefully underinvesting in our athletics programs. Clearly, we can't run the basketball program on the budget we have now.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not have a commercial radio coverage for all games (home and away) and basic online streaming capabilities - unless we are just being cheap.

This was a failure on the part of the Athletic Department to properly invest $$$.

Stop acting like we are running a D-III athletic program. No wonder the next 2 home opponents are not D-I team!

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:41 pm

wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 pm

So all this talk about streaming and no one is talking about the game?!?!?

Big win, looked in control from buzzer to buzzer. Kohl and Krishner are a potent 1-2 punch. Our new guys look like upgrades and we actually have depth. Looking like we may have something.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 pm

I wish I could add something - I didn't get to see it. Guess I'll wait for the tape delay ...

That said, final score and box score looked good. I think we may have something this year.

Coming back from Jamaica with 2 wins would be a very good sign.

bigbluefan1965
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by bigbluefan1965 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:05 pm

J.J. wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 pm
I wish I could add something - I didn't get to see it. Guess I'll wait for the tape delay ...

That said, final score and box score looked good. I think we may have something this year.

I hope the game was recorded and archived. I would love to watch it, the team looks good on paper and in the box score.
"Complaining becomes a habit. Focusing on the negative also becomes a habit. It’s one of the most detrimental habits you can possibly have." -- T Harv Eker

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 pm

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:01 am

J.J. wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Exactly what I said in the car on the way home. Tonight’s game was never in doubt. Kohl was on fire in the first half. They made some adjustments and contained him a bit more in the second, that and some sloppy 2nd half playing. Garbage time made the score look closer than it was. Turnovers still an issue but the upgraded offense and much more attention to defense makes up for it. Looking forward to this weekend. Then on to the old geezers of Pine Manner.

Regarding the seating. Staff did a good job of keeping everyone from bombarding the season ticket sections. Must have been pretty full as they let people over to the other side in the folding chairs. When is this going to end? Can’t even imagine a home playoff game and only having one side. Non season ticket holders will be fighting to get in there. I’d have to imagine they’d need to play the game somewhere else.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:50 am

I think I can answer your question Hoops and unfortunately it won’t end this season. It will probably be re-opened next season.

The reason seating isn’t allowed on the east side is due to fire/evac safety. With the construction, the only exit is the main front exit and closing that side is built into the design plans.

Now, I didn’t see the plans and I know people are going to ask how having everyone crammed on one side makes it safer, but the fire marshals office know what they are doing and I’m sure coordinated with the contractor to close off the east side seating.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 am

Yep Sky, I think the State Fire Marshall calculates how many people can evac through the South doors through the lobby in a safe amount of time. I was told we we're lucky to find a way to play games at the gym this year. The staff was searching for alternative venues this year and it wasn't looking good. We might have had to play games at Hartford or Trinity.

The solution was the temporary North wall that allows CCSU to use the gym for games, but reduces the capacity due to egress issues. This will last all season. Not the ideal situation, but better than playing all games on the road.

Hosting a NEC QF or Semifinal at Detrick can probably be done as is. I imagine our "temporary" capacity is just under 2,000 with the folding chairs, etc.

If we are lucky enough to host a NEC Final, they may have to look at alternative sites, but I doubt that is going to be an issue.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

If we are lucky enough to host a NEC Final, they may have to look at alternative sites, but I doubt that is going to be an issue.
It would be nice to have that problem.
What I do know is that this attendance thing is going to be a gigantic problem if this team is a NEC contender. It could be a case of "nobody goes there any more because its too crowded." My eyeball guess is that the present seating capacity is under 1200.
I don't know what are the feasible alternatives.