RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2nd Game Nov 10 @ Georgetown Hoyas 6pm

Post by RonnyRob15 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:49 am

Skyhawkct wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm
THX BB

I downloaded the Fox Sports app but since my Xfinity doesn’t carry FS2, it doesn’t show up on the app.
I have Xfinity and don’t have FS2 but the app worked foe me.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 am

Other games of interest from last night:

Wagner - 84
UMass-Lowell - 88
(OT)

Wyoming - 64
Oregon Stste - 83

Loyola Marymount - 61
UNLV - 50

Quinnipiac - 53
#7 Villanova - 86

Fairfield - 60
Bucknell- 58

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 am

GB33 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 am
You cannot get caught up in his final numbers. Everything down the stretch when it was still a close game was forced. He needs to trust his teammates. He doesn’t have to do it alone
I think he was trying to honestly, he was getting trapped down low and teies kicking to the corner, worked earlier but not late. I think after that he turned on the Tyler Kohl show. I know it’s only two games but St. Francis better be pretty damn good! Let’s see what Tuesday brings.

Still happy, they played great, Ewing ( who I’ve always loved) looked legitimately worried. I’d love to know what he told DM at the handshake cause DM was laughing. I’m assuming it was some type of relief it was over.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:59 am

Since we cannot take a W out of this game, what do we have left?
They played well against a Big East team, not the top of the league but still a Big East team. To them we were put on the schedule with the idea that they would play the last ten minutes emptying their bench in an easy win. That did not happen and they found themselves in a fight.
We can take from this game that if Central can give this kind of effort on a consistent basis they are going to do well considering their schedule.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:21 am

Before this game, I considered it a big reach but not unlike Rutgers in past seasons. Georgetown is probably a mid-pack Big East team this year; a NCAA tournament is probably still a reach for them. Hoyas are known to feast on MEAC and SWAC opponent and they are young with a new coach in his 2nd year. I was expecting this was going to be a 10-16 point loss. I was highly impressed that we had this as a 1 possession game late. This would have been a great “name” win, but they are clearly in rebuild mode right now.

Providence and Virginia Tech are going to be even tougher tests for CCSU this year. Those are more likely NCAA teams with Top-25 potential. I also expect LMU and Oregon State to be reach games on the road.

Realistically, we shouldn’t expect a win in any of these 4 games, but if we could steal one of these on the road it would be huge for confidence and for our reputation.

After that, I think we could be favorites in the rest of the non-conference. Winning both games in Jamaica would be nice and UMass-Lowell, Maine, and NC A&T don’t come in with preseason expectations greater than Hartford.

I think DM and staff really come up with a game plan to win these non-conference games. They don’t treat them as exhibitions or preseason. I like the way we are play these games.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:24 pm

CCSU vs. Georgetown: The Numbers Behind the Game
By AIDAN CURRAN Nov 10, 7:20 PM

After moving to 2-0 with a closer-than-it-should-have-been 85-78 victory over Central Connecticut State University, we have a clearer picture of what this year's Georgetown team will look like this. Armed with some newly-available advanced analytics, here are some observations from tonight's win.
https://247sports.com/college/georgetow ... 124556354/

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:21 pm

from the article:
If Pickett had played like he did in the last five minutes of the game for the entire game, this game would not have been as close as it was.
This type of statement is worthless.
If he made some shots late and missed them early, then does that mean that he could have shot at the same percentage as the end of game sample, for the entire game?
If he could do that, why is it he did not?
The only thing this tells us is that the player can be hot or cold...duh.
We cannot assume that he is going to be hot all the time, maybe next game he will start hot and then cool down at crunch time.
The player did not play like that for the whole game, because maybe he can't.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:58 pm

One thing that really frosts me is when home sports writers belittle the underdog if the game is close or if they win. It happens often.

I clearly remember to this day, CCSU’s win over Providence mocked by ESPN basically saying that PC played lousy without giving credit to the other team for perhaps actually playing well...even outplaying the supposedly “better team”.

CCSU seems to have a pretty good team this year with some quality players. I understand the reporters have to support the home team but cut the underdog some slack. CCSU played a good game.