2018/2019 Season Seating Arrangement

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

2018/2019 Season Seating Arrangement

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:45 pm

So looks like there will be no seating available on the west side of the gym. Everyone will have to come over to the season ticket side. Hopefully this is closely monitored by staff and its not a free for all for those that have assigned seats.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2018/2019 Season Seating Arrangement

Post by J.J. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm

I know that might suck for this season, but that has to be a good sign that there will be some seating improvements in Detrick for next year.

I did note in some pictures inside the gym of the temporary North wall they have up due to the construction of the new recreation center. This may be an inconvenience and eyesore this season, but I thinh that means there are some good things to come in the future. :)

Hopefully they post some renderings of the planned improvements!

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 pm

I know...I know...here he goes again. But gang...according to folks very high up at CCSU...there will be absolutely no improvements to Kaiser aside from seats on the north side.

I mean these people were EMPHATIC about it.

Now...there COULD have been a change order, but at $25 million, we'll be lucky if we get new stand alone basketball hoops.

I sure hope I'm wrong because I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 pm

And let's just add, that CCSU fans are by far the best in the NEC! Despite some disappointing seasons and less than modern facilities, CCSU fans still turn out strong for Men's basketball. Compared to the rest of the league, CCSU attendance is stellar.

And it could be worse ...

RMU's new facility isn't quite ready yet, and so this year they will play all their home games on campus at the 700-seat recreation center.
Last year, the Colonials traveled nearly 20 miles east from Moon to play their home slate at PPG Paints Arena and Duquesne’s Palumbo Center — a necessary measure as the team awaits the opening of its new home arena, UPMC Events Center. But this season, Robert Morris will stay on campus.

The North Athletic Complex, Robert Morris’ new student recreation center that opened last September, will play host to all of the men’s basketball team’s home games this season. The complex was initially deemed too small to play host to such games, with a capacity of around 700. To fix that, Robert Morris is adding specially fitted bleachers to the gym, bringing the capacity up to 1,000, at a cost of $90,000.

“We didn’t want to go through two whole years of not being convenient for our fans that are geographically located here, and especially our students,” athletic director Craig Coleman said. “So we felt like this year, let’s just bring it back home.”

Robert Morris men’s basketball played all but four of last season’s home games at PPG Paints Arena. The Colonials viewed it as an opportunity to expand their fanbase and reach additional fans in the Pittsburgh area that don’t normally make the trek out to Moon for home games.

That experiment didn’t quite work out as intended. The Colonials drew an average of 765 fans per game at the arena, less than the average crowd of 1,072 in 2016-17 at their previous on-campus home, Sewall Center. Even with the upper bowl curtained off, PPG Paints Arena was littered with empty seats.
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/rmu/ ... 1809250071

And seems Sacred Heart will play games at home at 6pm, in hopes to improve attendance.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Skyhawkct wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 pm
I know...I know...here he goes again. But gang...according to folks very high up at CCSU...there will be absolutely no improvements to Kaiser aside from seats on the north side.

I mean these people were EMPHATIC about it.

Now...there COULD have been a change order, but at $25 million, we'll be lucky if we get new stand alone basketball hoops.

I sure hope I'm wrong because I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.
Fair enough, so do you know what the North-side seating might be?

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:13 pm

I don't know any more than you do JJ. Just the commonly known plans for the seats and the VIP section.

I'm envisioning a room in the rec center overlooking the court with tables and other facilities for VIP gatherings...kind of like a sky box.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see SOME, ANY improvement to Kaiser and I would be very happy to be wrong.

The folks that told me this last spring know I'm on this board. My gut told me that they wanted me to cool the flames about any improvements to Kaiser.

One thing I'm pretty confident about is that we will use the more contemporary stand alone Hoops. That alone would be a huge improvement.

By the way, Donyell was at my gym and he told me he feels very good about this years team.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 pm

I wont quote everything but list below

1. I was totally going to say here comes sky after that improvement post, :wink: :lol: :lol:
2. CCSU for the love of God DO NOT make games at 6. 7 instead of 7:30 is bad enough. SHU will learn the kids prefer dinner to games, and people actually work, so stupid.
3. DM said the same thing to me as well. Hoping for a much better season!

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:22 pm

The six o'clock start is a bad idea. A game that starts at 7 is over around 9 to 9:30, plenty of time to get home and to bed at a reasonable time.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Yeah, not sure what Sacred Heart is thinking - but they have to try something to improve their attendance - its embarrassing.

I think a 7:05 tipoff is perfect for weekday games.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm

I just like the 25-30 min extra to grab a nice dinner get out of work without blowing stuff off, etc. Although CCSU has been awesome at pre-game receptions so that def helps. Hopefully that continues...

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Please allow me to go on record by saying:

I surely hope there will be some improvements to the gym. The way things are going, even at the NEC level, something HAS to be done to keep up with our peers.

IMHO, LIU's place is very nice considering the space restrictions. Wagner's facility also shows well on TV. SHU's facility isn't great but it's relatively new and RMU's new place will be pretty spectacular.

If the powers that be don't do anything to the gym at this juncture, they will be missing out on a good opportunity.

When CCSU went D-1, several folks took a tour of the Mullins Center to see if that type of facility could be built on the current Arute parking lot. Then there was the talk of a downtown arena.

Here we are, over 30 years later, and nothing...yet.

Having said that, I'm confident that the north wall will include new seating and a VIP skybox type overlook situated in the new rec center. I'm also confident that we'll see new, stand alone, hoops. Maybe we'll even see a true press box where the old one is located on the west side.

I was just repeating what was told to me by people at the highest level back in February but things can change and I would be more than happy to say "I WAS WRONG!"

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 pm

And in what looks to be an attempt to improve attendance at Fairfield University, seems our former AD is moving more games from Webster Bank Arena in Downtown Bridgeport to Alumni Hall on-campus in Fairfield.

I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure Alumni Hall is an older, smaller, and even less appealing than Detrick Gym - it is basically a dump of a HS gym.
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Fairfield University men's basketball schedule will include five games at Webster Bank Arena and seven games at Alumni Hall, comprising the 12-game 2018-19 home schedule. The Stags will open their home slate with a pair of contests at Webster Bank Arena, hosting LIU-Brooklyn on November 13 and Wagner University on November 17. The team's first home date at Alumni Hall will take place on December 6 when Fairfield hosts Oakland University in the first-ever meeting between the two teams.

"This schedule adheres to our vision for modern excellence by associating our program with the best features of a premier arena with the iconic tradition of a classic gym," Director of Athletics Paul Schlickmann said. "We are excited to present games at two venues that create a great college basketball atmosphere for our fans and our student-athletes."

Fairfield men's basketball will play five home games at Webster Bank Arena, the 18th season that the Stags will partner with the venue. After hosting LIU-Brooklyn and Wagner in November, the Stags will welcome Saint Peter's (January 10), Siena College (January 24), and Monmouth University (February 9) to Bridgeport.

"Webster Bank Arena continues to prove itself as one of the best basketball arenas in the region and as an exceptional partner for Fairfield University and Stags Basketball, said Schlickmann. "We are fortunate to have a venue of this caliber to call home."

The seven home games at Alumni Hall will be the most played in a season since the 2000-01 season, the last season in which Fairfield played its entire schedule at its on-campus facility. Fairfield began playing a majority of their home games at Webster Bank Arena beginning with the 2001-02 campaign.

"Alumni Hall has a special place in the hearts of countless alumni over the years and has presented many memorable moments for our Stags loyalists," states Schlickmann. "This series of games provides a timely and exciting opportunity to reignite a passionate fan base on campus and in the local community."
https://fairfieldstags.com/news/2018/10 ... eason.aspx

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:45 am

"This schedule adheres to our vision for modern excellence by associating our program with the best features of a premier arena with the iconic tradition of a classic gym,"

Now THATS creative wordsmithing!

You are right JJ. I grew up in Fairfield County and I've been on campus many times.

Alumni Hall is a small "pit", typical of Catholic college BB venues of the day.

Having said that, there have been plans to construct a new "Alumni Hall" for several years now but I don't know how far along they are.

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am

J.J. wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 pm
And in what looks to be an attempt to improve attendance at Fairfield University, seems our former AD is moving more games from Webster Bank Arena in Downtown Bridgeport to Alumni Hall on-campus in Fairfield.

I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure Alumni Hall is an older, smaller, and even less appealing than Detrick Gym - it is basically a dump of a HS gym.
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Fairfield University men's basketball schedule will include five games at Webster Bank Arena and seven games at Alumni Hall, comprising the 12-game 2018-19 home schedule. The Stags will open their home slate with a pair of contests at Webster Bank Arena, hosting LIU-Brooklyn on November 13 and Wagner University on November 17. The team's first home date at Alumni Hall will take place on December 6 when Fairfield hosts Oakland University in the first-ever meeting between the two teams.

"This schedule adheres to our vision for modern excellence by associating our program with the best features of a premier arena with the iconic tradition of a classic gym," Director of Athletics Paul Schlickmann said. "We are excited to present games at two venues that create a great college basketball atmosphere for our fans and our student-athletes."

Fairfield men's basketball will play five home games at Webster Bank Arena, the 18th season that the Stags will partner with the venue. After hosting LIU-Brooklyn and Wagner in November, the Stags will welcome Saint Peter's (January 10), Siena College (January 24), and Monmouth University (February 9) to Bridgeport.

"Webster Bank Arena continues to prove itself as one of the best basketball arenas in the region and as an exceptional partner for Fairfield University and Stags Basketball, said Schlickmann. "We are fortunate to have a venue of this caliber to call home."

The seven home games at Alumni Hall will be the most played in a season since the 2000-01 season, the last season in which Fairfield played its entire schedule at its on-campus facility. Fairfield began playing a majority of their home games at Webster Bank Arena beginning with the 2001-02 campaign.

"Alumni Hall has a special place in the hearts of countless alumni over the years and has presented many memorable moments for our Stags loyalists," states Schlickmann. "This series of games provides a timely and exciting opportunity to reignite a passionate fan base on campus and in the local community."
https://fairfieldstags.com/news/2018/10 ... eason.aspx

Ive been there - Its just like Hartfords gym. An echo chamber just like hartfords and not real plesent to spend 2 hours.
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 am

I have been there many times. It makes Kaiser look good. It is small and cramped. I think that this is an admission that the move to Webster Arena is not working out well.