New 2018 Commit /Transfers

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: New 2018 Commit /Transfers

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 am

Does this late transfer open up another roster spot for someone else? VC says 4 with two LOI's and two VC's.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:19 am

No, all 13 scholarships are taken, assuming that the LOI's and VC's are all coming. No reason to doubt that.
There are actually 5 LOI's and VC's set to enroll.
1 Ellis (LOI)
2 Krishnan (LOI)
3 Underwood (VC)
4 Wallace (VC)
5 Coleman (LOI)

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:25 pm
They have had an entire year to evaluate Camacho in his practices with the team so evidently they must be confident that he is an upgrade over last year.
Seems to be a bit of a risk and possibly the weak point of the team (I hope that is wrong) since the PG is going to be either a red shirt freshman or a true freshman (Ellis and Krishnan are listed as PG's.)
I consider the PG a priority position as a good PG can make the offense so much more efficient. I did not like having Kohl being the PG so much last year as it puts too much of a burden on his shoulders. I had no problem with him taking over at crunch time but he needs to pick his spots.
I guess we are going to find out soon enough!
On the surface the Bowles transfer looks super questionable; we lose a senior PG and replace him with a RS freshman (Camacho), a true freshman (Ellis), and Tyson Batiste, who has skills but can't make a free throw.

However, I have to place some sort of trust in Marshall. Hilltopper points out here, the staff had an entire calendar year to evaluate him. If they thought he wasn't going to be able to capably take over PG duties, Marshall either a) wouldn't have let Bowles leave (or at least plead with him to stick around); or b) go get a JUCO PG. He did neither, which tells me Camacho (or Ellis, or Batiste) is the guy.

I also did not like the way the team flowed with Kohl at the point, though I think there may be times when the Blue Devils go "big" with Kohl at PG.

BTW...I know Krishnan is listed as a PG, but based on my research, he's more of a true shooting guard. I would not be at all surprised if he is the starting 2 on 11/6 at Hartford. The kid can really shoot it and may be the best incoming FRESHMAN recruit Marshall has brought in here. Getting him was a steal by the staff, and he really fills a need for us.

Not trying to be self serving, but if you are curious, I did a deep dive on the 2019 recruiting prospects: https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... -Prospects

It's very obvious Marshall is trying to bring two more players, in addition to Trey Tennyson who committed in the spring. His two favorite types of players: scoring combo-guard and long/wing (Hugley, Hicks, Chris Williams, Underwood type) who are 6'5"+ and can shoot it.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 pm

11/6 is our first game? Has any schedule been released at all? Any more dates?

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:53 pm

CCSU4-3 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm
Not trying to be self serving, but if you are curious, I did a deep dive on the 2019 recruiting prospects: https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... -Prospects

It's very obvious Marshall is trying to bring two more players, in addition to Trey Tennyson who committed in the spring. His two favorite types of players: scoring combo-guard and long/wing (Hugley, Hicks, Chris Williams, Underwood type) who are 6'5"+ and can shoot it.
No apologies needed on this board - you post some great stuff on your blog and tweets. It is a must read for CCSU fans! Your insight in advanced metric and recruiting is especially interesting. The "amature" coverage you provide of CCSU basketball is better than any professional coverage we get in the media or online, so keep it up!

Anyway, one thing I took away from your latest post, was the quality talent evaluation from our staff. You mentioned 2 guys who got their first scholly offer from CCSU, that will now likely sign with P5 programs like Notre Dame, Indiana, etc. Can't expect CCSU to seal the deal on blue chippers, but nice to see we find them early in the process. One day, that might lead to another Corsely Edawards ...

If Donyell can get us into the postseason (NCAA, NIT, hell even the CIT) soon, I think we increase the odds of landing some under-the-radar 3-star talent. Winning some conference titles and his name recognition can easily put us in the National discussion as a real mid-major to follow, but we got a lot of work to do.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:59 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 pm
Not yet, but I think they are finalizing 3 games. I expect they will have it announced by the end of the month, but I have a bad feeling we are going to have a lower-division school or two on the schedule.

The Jamaica Classic is definitely the highlight of the schedule (2 road game + 2 on the island). If we get the Hoyas in D.C., that will be nice game. We already have Providence and at least 1 more vs. a major. The rest of the low-major opponents we know - Hartford, Maine, UMass-Lowell, NC A&T.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Thanks.

I just hope they don’t go the whole month of December without a home change, that was miserable last year.

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 pm
As JJ said, it's not announced yet. But UHart did announce their schedule.

The only "official" games we have so far are at UHart, at Providence and at home against UMass-Lowell.

I really thought we'd play at South Florida as part of the Jamaica Classic but their schedule has been released and the Blue Devils weren't part of it. Like JJ, I'm hoping for a visit to Georgetown.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm

So they just welcomed Trey Tennyson to the team. Why so late? Or should I say early?

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:40 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm
So they just welcomed Trey Tennyson to the team. Why so late? Or should I say early?
Today is the beginning of the early signing period, so he officially signed his NLI today.

Coaches can't talk about potential recruits until they sign.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Kid looks good. Of course they all look good on those highlight reals but he can really handle the ball and bury a three.

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm
Kid looks good. Of course they all look good on those highlight reals but he can really handle the ball and bury a three.
I don't think they would have taken a verbal commit that early in the cycle if they weren't really high on him.

Karrington Wallace was similar...committed last summer...and it looks like we have a good one.