12.1 at UMass-Lowell

Lets talk some Hoops!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

12.1 at UMass-Lowell

Post by J.J. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 am

CCSU is a 17.5-point underdog at Lowell :oops: while Maine is a 20.5-point underdog at UConn today.

Let's see who loses by a bigger margin ...

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 12.1 at UMass-Lowell

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Oh we will I’m sure. No interest in this team today. Still pissed about yesterday.

Girls get killed again, let the 0 fer season continue.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Coleman started. Good news...I’m watching, can’t help myself lol

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Good start...

GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Wow do we believe in miracles

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm

CCSU up 62-61 at the under 8:00 TO in the 2nd half.

Would be nice to pull this one out!

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Tied at 71 with 32.6 seconds left.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Sigh

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Only watched the last 8 minutes. Certainly they made many young mistakes (that I can live with), but it still looks like they are struggling to have a real game plan on offense or defense. These kids may have talent, but they need to play within a defined system or strategy.

Not sure if this is a turning point, as I missed most of the game, but I liked that this was a close game. Better than losing by 17+

GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Nice to be in a game at the end.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm

They looked better for sure but it was most likely cause Coleman went off, except he got lazy on the last play and didn’t challenge the shot. Outlaw is for real and will be a very nice NEC player. They shot better today but didn’t get to the line nearly enough. They got out rebounded by a much smaller team so that’s not good. Fouled way too many times, some were really stupid. Outlaw showed some real emotion when he fouled out, the kid has heart man, he really wanted to remain in there to help his team, he’s gonna be a good one I have a feeling. This game was one of those that lost due to being young and not so much a DM issue.

Gonna get smoked the next two games and honestly I don’t see a win till after Christmas. Sigh

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 am

ccsuhoops wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm
They looked better for sure but it was most likely cause Coleman went off, except he got lazy on the last play and didn’t challenge the shot. Outlaw is for real and will be a very nice NEC player. They shot better today but didn’t get to the line nearly enough. They got out rebounded by a much smaller team so that’s not good. Fouled way too many times, some were really stupid. Outlaw showed some real emotion when he fouled out, the kid has heart man, he really wanted to remain in there to help his team, he’s gonna be a good one I have a feeling. This game was one of those that lost due to being young and not so much a DM issue.

Gonna get smoked the next two games and honestly I don’t see a win till after Christmas. Sigh
Agreed.

NEGATIVE: Too many stupid fouls away from the basket, failure to rotate on defense, and poor rebounding! Jacking up bad shots when no one is in place to get a rebound. Need a point guard to run the team on the floor.

POSITIVE: Helped to have Coleman back. Outlaw made mistakes, but is playing with raw emotion (loved it) - if we can harness that and play smarter, we'll be in good shape eventually.

Agreed, this game was filled with a lot of "young mistakes," but we are now 7 games into the season and they still have no semblance of a game plan. I understand wins will be hard to come by, but I'm still not seeing improvement at a TEAM level. Individually, they all need some experience and have room to grow, but do they even know what their "role" is on the team?

Nice to see them in a close game, but still having a hard time seeing how we play a competitive NEC schedule when it looks like a streetball game out there. While I don't want to see us go back to Howie weave or anything like that and I'm no basketball expert - but what do you even call the offense we are trying to run out there? What defense are we playing? I can't tell anything we are doing - so either I'm too frustrated and not picking up the nuances of our in-game strategy - or this looks like a CYO team running up and down the court.

I'll defer to the true basketball junkies out there for their opinion. I really want to enjoy these games, but I just can't sit through them at home - can't imagine what it is like in Detrick. Please, someone, give me something to look for.

Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 am

The NCAA Baseball season begins in February. How many days until pitchers & catchers report?

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

J.J. wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 am
Agreed.

NEGATIVE: Too many stupid fouls away from the basket, failure to rotate on defense, and poor rebounding! Jacking up bad shots when no one is in place to get a rebound. Need a point guard to run the team on the floor.

POSITIVE: Helped to have Coleman back. Outlaw made mistakes, but is playing with raw emotion (loved it) - if we can harness that and play smarter, we'll be in good shape eventually.

Agreed, this game was filled with a lot of "young mistakes," but we are now 7 games into the season and they still have no semblance of a game plan. I understand wins will be hard to come by, but I'm still not seeing improvement at a TEAM level. Individually, they all need some experience and have room to grow, but do they even know what their "role" is on the team?

Nice to see them in a close game, but still having a hard time seeing how we play a competitive NEC schedule when it looks like a streetball game out there. While I don't want to see us go back to Howie weave or anything like that and I'm no basketball expert - but what do you even call the offense we are trying to run out there? What defense are we playing? I can't tell anything we are doing - so either I'm too frustrated and not picking up the nuances of our in-game strategy - or this looks like a CYO team running up and down the court.

I'll defer to the true basketball junkies out there for their opinion. I really want to enjoy these games, but I just can't sit through them at home - can't imagine what it is like in Detrick. Please, someone, give me something to look for.
I'm with you J.J. I know Marshall commented on Twitter that this team took a step forward Sunday (my words, not his), but I don't really see it that way. The only reason they were even in that game was Coleman was ON FIRE, which...yeah, great to have him back and see him play well...but unless he's going to suddenly start playing like an NEC POY, that's completely unsustainable.

Defensively there is a lot of effort..I can't complain there...but they continue to leave shooters open, which has plagued the Blue Devils the last few years. Is it the defensive strategy? I can't really speak to that, but it seems so.

Offensively, it's a mess like you said. So much one-on-one with the dribble. Last night I watched all five Bryant players touch the ball in a 10 second span, which led to a wide open three-pointer. We've never seen that out of our ballclub.

I wrote some more thoughts over here: http://bit.ly/382nAo5. Lots of data quantifying the offensive issues.