https://www.coachesdatabase.com/basketb ... usel-2019/

Fairfield (MAAC) - Sydney Johnson fired
Niagara (MAAC) - Chris Casey fired

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2019 Coaching Carousel

Post by CCSU4-3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 pm

I wonder of Paul Schlickmann (now at Fairfield) gives Jay Young a call (or Pat Sellers?).

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm

CCSU4-3 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 pm
I wonder of Paul Schlickmann (now at Fairfield) gives Jay Young a call (or Pat Sellers?).
I highly doubt it.

Patrick was a finalist here because of his alumni status (and a very credible coaching resume). Doubt he has the connections to Fairfield administration to be a serious canidate. He has some baggage from UConn experience and isn't a "hot" assistant. I'd still think he'd be a great fit at Central, but not so sure about Fairfield.

Paul knew Young from Stony Brook and certainly being Pikell's assistant carried some weight with the CCSU committee. He was connected to Central through both Paul and Pikell, but his time may have passed. It is more like he gets a call from Paul, but I don't see him a finalist.

My guess is they look someone with some type of Ivy/Patriot experience. They almost certainly try for high major assistants (like QU did with Dunleavy).

Fairfield will pay more than CCSU, so I think their candidates will be a little more "sexy" and well know than Patrick or Jay.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 pm

I'd also note that Fairfield is using a private search firm. Those groups are notorious for packing the list with clients they already know.

I always think it is irresponsible to hire a search firm, when this is the primary job of an AD. That being said, the last search here was a debacle, so who knows what is right.