2/9 @ RMU 4pm

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2/9 @ RMU 4pm

Post by ccsuhoops » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Agree Hill. I think it has to do with the attitude. Annoying announcer man said CCSU was stepping up the D. I believe it all comes down to effort. Some times they give it, sometimes they don’t and that all stems from Kohl’s mood. Get healthy, stay hungry and stay out of your feelings and let’s see what happens. Maybe when I get bored at work I’ll do the math/path to a home game :-)

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Skyhawkct wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 pm
ccsuhoops wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:40 pm
First off NO one is as annoying as this man. I have to check to see if my ears are bleeding. I can see people getting ticked at Bruce cause he’s a bit of a homer but he is nowhere near as bad as this guy.

I truly hate Joe D. His nose is so far up UConn’s a$$ it’s disgusting.
Totally Agree! He whines about every call against UC in every sport he covers for them.
so... hockey

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

I totally forgot to check in on this game but i happened to be watching the uconn hockey game earlier. and i swear joe d was in the xl center. Which is fine im sure they called the bb game from ct - but iswear he was on camera during the intermission at the exact same time this bb game was ending

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

RonnyRob15 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm
I totally forgot to check in on this game but i happened to be watching the uconn hockey game earlier. and i swear joe d was in the xl center. Which is fine im sure they called the bb game from ct - but iswear he was on camera during the intermission at the exact same time this bb game was ending
It was definitely JoeD in Moon Township doing the NEC broadcast. Whatever he was doing at XL might have been on tape.

CCSU's games next week at Wagner and St. Francis Brooklyn will be on NEC FrontRow with the respective home broadcast teams.

We likely have just 3 home games left this season with Bruce and Marc on the call:
Thu 2/21 - vs. Mount
Sat 2/23 - vs. SHU
Sat 3/2 - vs. FDU (Senior Day)

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm
I'll take 1-1 on the Western PA swing! Nice win.
It was a close game but Central went on a nice run when the score was tied at 57, and never looked back.
I know that the team looks like it belongs at the top of the NEC sometimes and other times like it belongs at the bottom. I think the reason for that is Kohl. Its hard to say that it is the defense since RMU pretty much shut him down in New Britain and today could not stop him.
It was nice to have both a healthy Kohl and Hugely.
Totally agree. Kohl is still the straw that stirs the drink for the Blue Devils, but Hugley is huge. When you have Krishnan hot, and Coleman, Bute, and Hicks contributing, this team could be the best in the league.

We are just 2 games out of 3rd place with 6 games to play. We are in a great position with upcoming games against just about everyone in the league ahead of us, but the Western PA duo.

I think we need to win at least 4 of the last 6 to be in a good spot for the Tourney, and that means one week has to be a sweep (likely at LIU/vs. FDU).

So I'm not going to panic if we split the next 2 weeks. IMO - the NEC is a mess and anybody is capable of losing 4 out of 6, so we can back into the playoffs if we go 3-3 down the stretch.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Kohl is one of the best all around players to come out of this program ever, plain and simple, when was the last time that Central had a player who led the team in points, reb, and assists/game for two years? Every opponent this year, in their game planning, has focused on containing Kohl. It goes with the territory when you are that good.
I think his one problem is that he gets frustrated at times. I also believe that the concussion affected his play for more than the single game that he missed.

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 pm

J.J. wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm
RonnyRob15 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm
It was definitely JoeD in Moon Township doing the NEC broadcast. Whatever he was doing at XL might have been on tape.

CCSU's games next week at Wagner and St. Francis Brooklyn will be on NEC FrontRow with the respective home broadcast teams.

We likely have just 3 home games left this season with Bruce and Marc on the call:
Thu 2/21 - vs. Mount
Sat 2/23 - vs. SHU
Sat 3/2 - vs. FDU (Senior Day)
LOL. I watched the tape. It was Joe D in Moon Township and at the XL.

Joe Desantis was in PA and Joe D’Ambrosio was in Hartford.

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Skyhawkct wrote:
ccsuhoops wrote:
First off NO one is as annoying as this man. I have to check to see if my ears are bleeding. I can see people getting ticked at Bruce cause he’s a bit of a homer but he is nowhere near as bad as this guy.

Totally Agree! He whines about every call against UC in every sport he covers for them.

And this would be why I thought it was UConn Joe D not QU Joe D. ;)

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 pm

RonnyRob15 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm
Skyhawkct wrote:
ccsuhoops wrote:

And this would be why I thought it was UConn Joe D not QU Joe D. ;)
Ditto. No problem with QU Joe.