Live Stream options..

Lets talk some Hoops!
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Live Stream options..

Post by Larryl9797 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:18 am

Ok does anyone have the news on live stream options for MBB and FB? It looks like ESPN went pay only service. I don't see ESPN3 anymore. What will the stream options be? (YouTube maybe?)
Discipline = Freedom

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Live Stream options..

Post by RonnyRob15 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:56 pm

ESPN3 still exists and ESPN+ is something new and distinct.

ESPN+ has a bunch of soccer rights and MAC/SB/CUSA football. I suspect the AAC will end up there for their streaming in their next deal.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 am

First, the Northeast Conference has to update NEC Front Row and develop a mobile streaming app. While the league was once a leader in online streaming, everyone else has caught up and is offering better products. Streaming from a HTML webpage is old school, so I would like to see the league strike a deal with ESPN and push all school-produced broadcasts to one of ESPN's digital platforms (ESPN3 or ESPN+), just like they do for NEC-productions.

- ESPN3 is online streaming content only available to existing cable/satellite subscription members.
- ESPN+ is online streaming subscription ($4.99/month) available direct to consumers.
- Watch ESPN is the app that you use stream any ESPN content (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, ESPN3, ESPN+).

Second, CCSU has to do something to support its own audio broadcast (radio/streaming). Bruce and Marc used to cover all men's basketball games at home and on the road; they were available on 1410 AM WPOP and streamed on iHeart Radio. Those days seem all but gone, as last year they only worked HOME games and it was only available on NEC Front Row. Miss having CCSU coverage of all games.

Remember the CCSU ESPN Radio Network (1410 AM - Hartford, 1300 AM - New Haven, and streaming on iHeart Radio)?

Now UConn has dumped the 10K-watt 1080 WTIC as its flagship for 97.9 FM - ESPN Radio Hartford. They also have AM affiliates across the State and stream on iHeartRadio like we used to do. There has to be some opportunity in there for CCSU?

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm

2018 CCSU Football Online Streaming

at Ball State (ESPN+)
vs. Lincoln (NEC Front Row)
vs. Columbia (NEC Front Row)
at Fordham
at Lafayette (LSN/PLN)
at Robert Morris (NEC Front Row)
at Bryant (NEC Front Row)
vs. Sacred Heart (ESPN3)
vs. Wagner (NEC Front Row)
at Saint Francis (ESPN3)
vs. Duquesne (NEC Front Row or ESPN3) *Wildcard

No CCSU produced local/streaming radio for any games. The CCSU broadcast team will only do 3 games (Lincoln, Columbia, and Wagner) if the finale vs. Duquesne is picked up by the NEC as a ESPN3 production.

Fordham will not stream the game; it is only available on radio at WFUV (90.7 FM) in the Bronx.

Lafayette Sports Network (LSN) / Patriot League Network (PLN)
http://www.goleopards.com/news/2018/8/3 ... h=football

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm

All good questions for our AD. What is the PLAN? There never seems to be a plan for CCSU athletics, just the cop out of budget constraints. Seriously, how hard is it to find money to pay Bruce and Marc to travel to road games and stream that online? I mean are they telling us that there is no such service out there? I just did a two second search for a service and livestream.com just came up. Seriously how hard is it? Especially for audio only? Drives me crazy.