Branding

Lets talk some Hoops!
ctbludevil
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Branding

Post by ctbludevil » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Was in CT for a wedding this past weekend (man was it hot and I live in Fla) I went to the campus on Saturday to see if I could get some CCSU merchandise. The bookstore was closed. My wife wanted to stop at the mall so I looked there - I could get all this Uconn or Yale but not a thing for CCSU. Same at the airport - they had Uconn, Yale, Harvard, generic Connecticut things but no CCSU. I know we are the small fish but without promotional item and community and alumni support, we will never get bigger or better. Very Sad state of affiars. I hope that the new AD understands this. We need to use the the Devi image/name to promote and get the CCSU name out there. Shirts with quotes like" "I could care less about what people think. I'm a Devil Without A Cause" - Kid Rock or "Once you are dancing with the devil, the prettiest capers won't help you." - E. T. A. Hoffmann Licenses plates with Devil on Board, anthing, SOMETHING -- but now we are relegated to oblivion. We can't get alumni to wear CCSU things (more where Uconn stuff - I won't)
Palm Beach Florida

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Branding

Post by hilltopper » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Forget about going to a local store and buying Central gear, no way.
The only alternative to going to the campus bookstore is to buy on line.
https://central-ct.bncollege.com/webapp ... -1&level=1
They have a pretty good selection of T shirts and stuff.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:25 pm

I've always found smaller sized items online, medium, large etc, never find xxl or xxxl. Wish they'd get some better hats too, ones that actually say football and basketball on them and not just CCSU. What I really hate however is that one has to be in the know about the "real" gear, ever see the admins, players, coaches etc, they always have the nicest gear. Would love to be able to buy that stuff.

Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm

This is common for the (lack of better terms) non flagship universities.

I winter in Tampa Bay as many know and UF or FSU dominates in USF country. One can find USF material here and there but it's not that easy to find off campus.

There used to be a small chain store in CT (name escapes me) that sold CCSU,QU,SHU stuff but they are out of business.

I found a store in Meriden named Boskovs that sells athletic wear featuring above school merchandise though.

Keep in mind...it's all about money. CCSU really has very little to do with it other than owning the trade mark. IMHO there is very little CCSU can do about branding merchandise other than develop winning programs.

BlueDevilsRule
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by BlueDevilsRule » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Boscov's in Meriden Square has a good assortment plus good prices. Short and long sleeve shirts plus sweatshirts. GO BLUE DEVILS !!!