11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Lets talk some Hoops!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm

ccsuhoops wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm
Now Nelson Castillo from NYC buckets tweets: Now you have to ask, what really happened at CCSU b/c how can a verbal dispute and some possible chest bumping in closed quarters w/ no players around lead to now a 4 am suspension w/ seeming no end in sight?

Here we go!
We all seem to agree the silence and circumstances is leading to a lot of unproductive speculation by fans and outside observers.

CCSU needs to come out with a new statement with more info before the team takes off for East Carolina. Otherwise, this situation is going to undermine everyone at Central from the new President on down.

We don't have an announcement of an Acting Athletic Director. We need to let the public know who is in charge of daily operations.

The COO has been silent and the Athletic Department reports to him. This was his hire and he hasn't been heard from in any official statements - why is that?

One more game without some explanation is going to draw more attention from the media and I don't mean sports reporters. How long do you think it will be before the Courant or more likely the CT Mirror starts digging into this and requests records through FOIA?

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by J.J. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
I have it on very good source that it has to do with university procedure and the union reps are involved. This will get cleared up soon with no other corrective action. ( Aside from 2 coaches being not able to coach for 2 weeks)
If so, we have to fix this process. Something is wrong when it takes 2 weeks to resolve a personnel matter.

User avatar
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:24 pm
Location: Central Connecticut
Contact:

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by Larryl9797 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 pm

J.J. wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm
Larryl9797 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
I have it on very good source that it has to do with university procedure and the union reps are involved. This will get cleared up soon with no other corrective action. ( Aside from 2 coaches being not able to coach for 2 weeks)
If so, we have to fix this process. Something is wrong when it takes 2 weeks to resolve a personnel matter.
You know how it goes when HR _AND_ UNIONS get involved. #-o
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by CCSU4-3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Larryl9797 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
I have it on very good source that it has to do with university procedure and the union reps are involved. This will get cleared up soon with no other corrective action. ( Aside from 2 coaches being not able to coach for 2 weeks)

Lets get thru this storm and keep focus on where it should be ... the actual players on the floor.
Thanks for filling us in Larry.

If it's as you say (and I have no reason to doubt you), sounds like this will be water under the bridge by the time conference play rolls around.

The biggest thing, for me, is that Donyell doesn't lose the locker room. Anderson is known for his recruiting ability, and I'll assume there's multiple players who came to CCSU because of their connection with him. I'm really hoping the locker room doesn't become divided.

User avatar
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm

CCSU4-3 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm
Larryl9797 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
I have it on very good source that it has to do with university procedure and the union reps are involved. This will get cleared up soon with no other corrective action. ( Aside from 2 coaches being not able to coach for 2 weeks)

Lets get thru this storm and keep focus on where it should be ... the actual players on the floor.
Thanks for filling us in Larry.

If it's as you say (and I have no reason to doubt you), sounds like this will be water under the bridge by the time conference play rolls around.

The biggest thing, for me, is that Donyell doesn't lose the locker room. Anderson is known for his recruiting ability, and I'll assume there's multiple players who came to CCSU because of their connection with him. I'm really hoping the locker room doesn't become divided.
Based on what I heard on the radio and read on twitter, sounds like we have a tenacious bunch that doesn't quit. I would hope they stay together as well. I hope you're dead wrong when you say by NEC. That's 14 games! ENTIRELY TOO LONG! I hope to see DM on Tuesday next week.

User avatar
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Also, thanks Larry for letting us know and thank whoever told you it was ok to tell us ;-)
Last edited by ccsuhoops on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Oh yeah, tell them to hurry the hell up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:42 am

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by hilltopper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 pm

The unions would not care if the two men were restored to their positions with no loss of pay, so there still has to be more than that. There must be some type of punishment on the table for the union to feel their member needs representation.

User avatar
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by Skyhawkct » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Well...I’m not sure if this applies but let me tell you my experience with state unions.

I was in management at the CTDOT and I gave a staff member a “satisfactory” as opposed to a “good” in one catagory during a performance review.

The employee took it to the union because:

“Mr. Hall failed to counsel the employee mid year to inform him he needs to improve in this area”.

We spent a friggin day in a conference room negotiating an appropriate way to make the employee happy without negating the fact that he doesnt deserve a “good” on one small part of his evaluation.

My point is...the unions can be out for blood and will pull out all the stops once they receive a complaint...no matter how trivial it may be.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by J.J. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:19 am

Marshall and assistant coach Anthony Anderson missed their third straight game and are still “on leave” while an investigation into what the school termed a personnel matter, announced Nov. 2, continues. Neither coach has been with the team since and, as of Tuesday night, their status with respect to the future had not changed.

Central next plays at East Carolina Friday and the Blue Devils don’t know if they’ll have their head coach with them.

“Coach Wit has done a good job of just keeping our minds on basketball, but it’s definitely an adjustment,” said junior guard Austin Nehls, who was held to just six points against the Red Storm. “It’s your head coach and the guy you look to during the game for adjustments, the guy who knows how to best adjust to what’s happening, but Coach Wit has done a good job taking over that role.”

Sources said Marshall and Anderson got into a heated debate during a practice before the exhibition game against Nyack Nov. 2, which later resulted in the two coaches coming chest-to-chest a couple of times after the practice, which players did not see.

No punches were thrown, according to sources, but the matter was brought to human resources as opposed to the athletic director. Central has not had an AD since Paul Schlickmann left for Fairfield in September.


Witcoskie said the team has done an excellent job of focusing in practice and in games.

“They’ve been really good with everything,” he said. “Obviously there was the shock of it all when they were told, but I think once they had a day or two to process it it was like ‘hey here’s our situation. It is what it is we’re just going to control what we can control. We’re not going to worry about what we can’t control. We can control what happens inside the white lines.’ ”
http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-cen ... story.html

User avatar
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by BigBlue92 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 am

So in other words, this was a minor incident that was brought to HR DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE NO AD. Under normal circumstances this would have been a non-issue.
IMHO this situation is coming to a close and DM will be back by the end of the week.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by J.J. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 am

First, as I suggested, the lack of an Acting AD is irresponsible of the Administration. I don't care who we think is filling that role, but that person should have been formally announce by the President/CAO and empowered to do the job. You can't have someone in the shadows because even if the have the best intentions and abilities, they lack the authority to do the job.

Second, the AD position reports to the CAO, so why hasn't he taken any responsibilityto address this situation. We all know my opinions on this guy, so I won't rehash it, but again I have to ask everyone else at Central
- what the hell does this guy actually do for us other than get in the middle of all of these problems?

Sorry, but it is a huge failure of leadership at CCSU right now if this situation went durectly to HR. Hard to have any confidence in Davidsom Hall when they are silent on the issue and unwilling to have leadership step up and do their job.

I hope I'm wrong but IMO the President has failed her first test on Athletics. And this is just yet another example that we all know of where the CAO is not an effective administrator. What a mess!

User avatar
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by ccsuhoops » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:33 am

J.J. wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 am
First, as I suggested, the lack of an Acting AD is irresponsible of the Administration. I don't care who we think is filling that role, but that person should have been formally announce by the President/CAO and empowered to do the job. You can't have someone in the shadows because even if the have the best intentions and abilities, they lack the authority to do the job.

Second, the AD position reports to the CAO, so why hasn't he taken any responsibilityto address this situation. We all know my opinions on this guy, so I won't rehash it, but again I have to ask everyone else at Central
- what the hell does this guy actually do for us other than get in the middle of all of these problems?

Sorry, but it is a huge failure of leadership at CCSU right now if this situation went durectly to HR. Hard to have any confidence in Davidsom Hall when they are silent on the issue and unwilling to have leadership step up and do their job.

I hope I'm wrong but IMO the President has failed her first test on Athletics. And this is just yet another example that we all know of where the CAO is not an effective administrator. What a mess!
Totally agree, that guy drives me nuts as well. Sits there in his $1500 suit and doesn't even take his coat off when he goes to a game. Bet he's making a couple hundred. Start there with the budget!

i have big worries about our pres as well. Waiting to see if they are founded or not. But agree. Epic fail. Haven't heard a peep out of her except to say she wasn't accepting her inauguration.
Last edited by ccsuhoops on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by J.J. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:36 am

I did get an update from a few sources and will post later.

User avatar
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Re: 11.12.17 CCSU @ Rutgers

Post by Skyhawkct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:39 am

I totally agree 1000 percent.

I know I posted that things are being "taken care of" but obviously not well enough. My apologies for misleading anyone. This is absolutely ridiculous...and damaging.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests