Tom Moore has landed

Lets talk some Hoops!
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom Moore has landed

Post by Larryl9797 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Tom Moore has landed: No mention of his last gig at QU...
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tom Moore has landed

Post by J.J. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm willing to bet that URI is now Toprowscreamer's most despised college basketball team. :)

jcframingham
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by jcframingham » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 am

J.J. wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm
I'm willing to bet that URI is now Toprowscreamer's most despised college basketball team. :)
And not UConn???

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm

He loves coaches that whine for foul calls. 😎

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 am

J.J. wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm
He loves coaches that whine for foul calls. 😎
Latina must be on a poster in his room then! :lol: Biggest one ever in our neck of the woods at least. Hurley a close second.

RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I'd be disappointed if the Screamer still didn't hate Dave Bike the most.

Rice and DeSantis should still be high on the list too.

There is nothing worse than people fawning over rotten Dave Bike and his Division II titles. Congrats - now make an NEC playoff loser.

J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 am

Personally, I thought Bike was a failure at the D-I level and Howie coached circles around him and Desantis, so they never bothered me much as an opposing coach. Bike seemed like a nice guy off the court and never really won any big games against us. I guess I have a hard time putting him on a list of worst coaches to watch.

On the other hand, Moore came with so much hype from UConn, had a greaseball haircut, and actually owned CCSU in the regular season and out Howied Howie in rebounding and recruiting in the end, so I couldn't stand watching him at all. Add in his whining to the refs and he could have been the worst to watch (behind Hurley and Rice) from the stands. The fact he (and Desantis) coached Quinnipiac just made it easy to root for their failure. I hope Moore and Hurley are miserable together in Kingston and never make the NCAAs.

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am

I never was bothered by Moore. His worst flaw was that he coached at Q. Now that he is gone from there I could not care less.

To me there is no doubt, the worst coach to watch was Mike Rice. The guy was insane and his irrational behavior ultimately led to his downfall.

Bike was a highly successful D2 coach, he accomplished something that even Detrick could not do... but at the D1 level he never could get over the top, but it did seem to me that in his last few years he lacked enthusiasm and seemed to be just going through the motions. Maybe that could be said of Howie's last few seasons too, except that Howie already had three D1 NCAA appearances on his resume.

Now, the coach that I find the most irritating (although I almost enjoy watching him in somewhat of a humorous way) is Latina. He most definitely over does the working of the refs thing.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm

hilltopper wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am
I never was bothered by Moore. His worst flaw was that he coached at Q. Now that he is gone from there I could not care less.

To me there is no doubt, the worst coach to watch was Mike Rice. The guy was insane and his irrational behavior ultimately led to his downfall.

Bike was a highly successful D2 coach, he accomplished something that even Detrick could not do... but at the D1 level he never could get over the top, but it did seem to me that in his last few years he lacked enthusiasm and seemed to be just going through the motions. Maybe that could be said of Howie's last few seasons too, except that Howie already had three D1 NCAA appearances on his resume.

Now, the coach that I find the most irritating (although I almost enjoy watching him in somewhat of a humorous way) is Latina. He most definitely over does the working of the refs thing.
Ditto

jcframingham
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by jcframingham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 am

I can't see me hating a coach more than I do Glen Miller. He was the baby of babies at Brown. I didn't follow him at UPenn, but I'm sure his behavior (in addition to not winning) contributed to that not working out.

Toprow, I hate to put you on the spot but if you're reading this, any way you can clear the air? I think a lot of us would like to know if there's one coach you hate the most and if so, why? LOL

This thread is making me think about how I still can't stand how the UConn coaches boycotted the 2015 Final Four over the arguably anti gay legislation passed in Indiana. I'm not trying to start an irrelevant debate over a such a law, but my point is this: no way would the coaches have stayed home if UConn reached the Final Four. Zeroes in my book.

Ryguy2779
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by Ryguy2779 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:25 pm

You guys are so mean to Latina!! [-X

He's a great guy, and just a tad passionate on the bench...