CCSU Fans Rookie

Kohl surgery

Post by GB33 »

hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Kohl surgery

Post by hilltopper »

Okay, what are we looking at? Ten weeks to heal a fractured hand?
Any idea on how long this injury takes?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Good news ... I guess.

Didn't realize he was injured and needed surgery. Hopefully, he is back at 100% before the season starts.
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

J.J. wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 am Good news ... I guess.

Didn't realize he was injured and needed surgery. Hopefully, he is back at 100% before the season starts.
Post deleted ... what did it say?
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019
GB33
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by GB33 »

It said that he had hand surgery or something.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

Apparently he broke his hand and had to have surgery yesterday. He said that everything went well and that he should be back on the court soon.
I’m no doctor but I’d imagine that we’re looking at a 6-10 week layoff—meaning that he’d be back on the court by mid-Oct...early-November.
Not good news BUT not awful.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Could be worse. He is probably going to take a couple of games to get rid of the rust from not practicing.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Not loving the start of this season, first this, then no Camacho. Is anyone excited about any of the new recruits? Good Lord.
GB33
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by GB33 »

Don’t see the real need to be upset about Camacho. None of us have a real clue as to how good he was or would have been.
Need to focus on the kids that are here
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am Not loving the start of this season, first this, then no Camacho. Is anyone excited about any of the new recruits? Good Lord.
I think Krishnan is worth being excited about. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up our leading scorer next season after Kohl and Bute graduate. Kid can really shoot it.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

GB33 wrote:Don’t see the real need to be upset about Camacho. None of us have a real clue as to how good he was or would have been.
Need to focus on the kids that are here
Exactly. We do not even know that Camacho's departure maybe because of an anticipated lack of playing time because of incoming talent. That is quite common in D1 sports. My worry has not changed whether Camacho was here or not - the PG is going to have no experience playing at this level.
The worst case scenario is that the PG position is going to be handled primarily by Kohl and Batiste, which was pretty much as it was last season.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

hilltopper wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm
GB33 wrote: The worst case scenario is that the PG position is going to be handled primarily by Kohl and Batiste, which was pretty much as it was last season.
Exactly my worry.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

hilltopper wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm
Exactly. We do not even know that Camacho's departure maybe because of an anticipated lack of playing time because of incoming talent.
[/quote]

The sense that I get is that Camacho had a difficult time adjusting to the culture and academics of a northeast university. Being from Puerto Rico, and primarily speaking Spanish, it was a very difficult transition.

I think he would have had a good chance of starting PG this season. While the position would have been a question mark regardless, it's even more so now.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm The sense that I get is that Camacho had a difficult time adjusting to the culture and academics of a northeast university. Being from Puerto Rico, and primarily speaking Spanish, it was a very difficult transition.
That is what I heard as well. Too bad, I think there was a lot going for him at Central. My understanding is that English might have been an issue, but I'm not sure.

Sucks because we have a big Puerto Rican community in Hartford, including our University President. And one our our favorite CCSU guards, Javy Monica, played on the PR national team. Wish it could have worked out ...